• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem. 700 5R .300 mag Vs Rem. 700 Sendero II 7 mag

Re: Rem. 700 5R .300 mag Vs Rem. 700 Sendero II 7 mag

Are you asking about 300WM vs 7mmRM in that size/weight rifle, or 5R vs. Sendero as a platform?

I have owned and shot Senderos that were hit and miss. I have one of the original Sendero SF's in 300WM and it is a tack driver with 190gr factory match and my reloads and LOVES 210gr SMKs. It is a sub-MOA shooter which is very tolerable as far as I am concerned for a factory rifle. However, a buddy of mine bought the same rifle about two months after I bought mine and his would never get better than right around 2MOA no matter what we tried with it (ammo, optics, shooter, etc.). Needless to say he didn't keep it very long. I also had a standard black Sendero in .25-06 that I traded for an LTR because I couldn't get it to shoot under 1.5" at 100yds.

As for the 5R rifles...I can't speak directly to the 300WM models, but all of the 308 rifles I have handled and shot have been excellent rifles capable of MOA or better accuracy out of the box with a good driver and ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Particularly concering accuracy.</div></div>With regard to accuracy, if you choose a belted magnum case have a gunsmith cut the chamber to headspace at the shoulder.

That's one reason why Remington won't guarantee the magnums to shoot as well as the .308's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you asking about 300WM vs 7mmRM in that size/weight rifle, or 5R vs. Sendero as a platform? </div></div>

5R vs. Sendero as a platform in belted magnum calibers. Or specifically the accuracy of the 5R in .300 mag. and the Sendero 7mm rem mag.

Thanks for the responces.
Jason

not exactly trying to resurrect an old thread, but where is the best place to find a good price on the 5r .300wm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19dsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not exactly trying to resurrect an old thread, but where is the best place to find a good price on the 5r .300wm? </div></div>

Search Gunbroker would be my advice. Keep an eye on the classified forums as well.