• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 AAC-SD Pic Thread

Blushin

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2014
Bethany Beach, DE
hey guys,

so i know there are threads for 20" rifles and everything else under the sun but i thought it would be cool to have a thread for the Rem 700 sps AAC-SD as a lot of people have been using these for their budget builds including myself.

unfortunately i don't have any pics of my rifle yet but here is how it stands right now

700 SA AAC-SD 20" .308
PCR "Phoenix" bolt know
Larue Tactical 20 MOA Rail
AADMOUNT 30mm Double Lug Rings
Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50
Triad Stock Pack
Harris Bipod

Mcmillan ADJ A3-5 stock in the mail
AAC Cyclone - in process
Jewell Trigger - ordered

not a top tier build by any means but i hope to send the action out in the near future to be trued and other than that maybe some cerakote but i think it should be a good start.

post em up if ya got em

phill

I like my rifle. If truth be known I love my rifle. However it is for the most part an entry level rifle. That is a good thing because it is affordable. Also I have learned alot by keeping it a work in progress as far as upgrades. Eventually I will probaly end up with two rifles, the SPS put back to its stock config, and a new rifle wearing all the upgrades I have been putting into and on the SPS for now. Ain't life grand. So I will play along and post my Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD .308 20".

Mine.

AAC-SD
AICS AX
Bushnell ERS
Nightforce rings

I have a Damage Industries muzzle brake on it now but planning to replace it with a Badger Mini-FTE down the line.

It's a great rifle, I'd like to pick up a 16.5" .223 version to build up.

I have 2 AAC-SD's
.308 and .300AAC Both barrel actions Cerakoted Coyote Tan.

Cut the 5R .308 down to 16". NightForce NXS,AAC Cyclone.AI mags. krylong bomb'd and sponged KRG W3 chassis.
PPR did the vortex fluting on both bolts

Have a Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10x44 for the 300aac.

Last edited:
Mine does ok. Sometimes it does better, sometimes a little worse..all depends on what kind of day the driver is having.

I shot the far right dot first to get the scope re-zeroed, five shot group, then one on the dot, and finished it off with a 9 shot group on the Shoot N C.

I've been using M118LR mostly and the gun is a solid 3/4 MOA rifle. I started on a load work up a while back and it proved to be pretty promising.

Here's my little 300 Black Out.

IMG_6372_zps792a0745.jpg

Shoots 240gr subsonics like this...
Blackout240grSMK11point5grsofIMR4198_100yards_zps0  8927dfd.jpg

A short video......

Remington 700 SPS Tactical 16.5" 223 (Model 85549) factory barrel
Factory XMark Pro Trigger 3lb (more consistent than my Timney 510 on another rifle)
H-S Precision M24 Tan Web PST086 (Tried my hand at bedding. Bedding works, but isn't pretty)
Seekins Low 6/4 30mm Rings
Seekins 1 Piece 20 MOA Base
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50

SMK 69gr
R-P Once Fired 223
21.3gr IMR 4064
Remington 7 1/2
Seated 1.85" Base to Ogive

You can tell these groups were opened up by my fault and not the gun's.

HWqTJwT.jpg

bfBggcC.png

BCDrPbz.png

CnZJbkD.png

How about a 308 AAC of a different twist?!? LOL...

AAC factory pre-fit replacement barrel that is
005-6.jpg

18” AAC 1:8 twist with a single port AAC brake on a 90’s vintage R700 action.
004-4.jpg

vyj5.jpg

McMillan M40 stock
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x
Nightforce 20 MOA base and medium rings
PTG bolt
Timney trigger
Harris 6-9" bipod

Below is 3 out of 5 shots at 1200 yds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
[MENTION=47204]BoilerUP[/MENTION] It does a good job, I’d say it knocks about 60% of the recoil out... I have no problem staying on target through discharge and can watch impacts when shooting prone or off a bench... the biggest like that I have for this brake is it doesn’t have the massive concussion of others. I had a JP two port (two side ports/chambers with 4 vent holes on the top) on here before this one. While the JP brake took almost all the recoil out of the rifle, it was not that much fun to shoot long strings... It now resides on my 24” 260 aac barrel and works well there, sitting 6 inches further away and a smaller bore size make it rather enjoyable.

Last edited:
AAC-SD in Bell & Carlson M40, Vortex viper PST 6-24. Group pic is from the "1 MOA all day" challenge on ar15.com. ETA: Scope adjustment was made after shooting top-right and center targets.

My R700 AAC-SD 20" in 308 which is my first and only gun for 1 year now (although I want more). Been getting 1/2-3/4 MOA average (100y) and dinging steel at 750y with no problems

r700.jpg

Vortex Viper HS Viper 5-15x44 (Mil-Dot) w/ Vortex Bubble level
TPS 20 MOA rail / Super Low Rings
B&C A5 Tactical
CDiPrecision Gunworks DBM w/AI mag
Jewell trigger (nice when they are local)
JEC Customs Brake
Harris BiPod 6-9 w/swivel
KRG Tactical Bolt knob
Soon a Thunderbeast 30P-1 (waiting on ATF, hopefully next month)

Wish List
AI AXCS
Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP

Attachments

• AAC-SD.jpg
    AAC-SD.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Mine started life as as an AAC but now it sports a new barrel, trigger, recoil lug, stock, trued, BP... Shot well before the mods but now it just makes one big hole.

Sully

Attachments

• 20130928_145423-1_resized.jpg
    20130928_145423-1_resized.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 47
  • 20130928_145504-1-1_resized.jpg
    20130928_145504-1-1_resized.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20130629_191708_resized.jpg
    20130629_191708_resized.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 42
TBAC Brake
MCM A4
Accuracy First Anti Cant
Horus Predator 8-26
ARMS low rings
20MOA Base
Surgeon bottom metal
And an atlas bipod on the way.

Shoots 175 SMKs at 2650ish, 208 Amax's around 2500.

3aryjupu.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mine started life as as an AAC but now it sports a new barrel, trigger, recoil lug, stock, trued, BP... Shot well before the mods but now it just makes one big hole.

Sully

Nice shooting btw.

Sully

Sweet rifle. What barrel did you have put on? I'd love to bughole like that some day, but even if I had your rifle I wouldn't be able to yet.

Also, probably a dumb question, but is that cerakote on the scope? I wasn't aware that you could do it because of the heat needed to bake it. Didn't know if it would mess with some of the coatings on the glass.

Sweet rifle. What barrel did you have put on? I'd love to bughole like that some day, but even if I had your rifle I wouldn't be able to yet.

Also, probably a dumb question, but is that cerakote on the scope? I wasn't aware that you could do it because of the heat needed to bake it. Didn't know if it would mess with some of the coatings on the glass.

Thanks, the barrel is a Bartlein HB and all work was done by Woody at X-Ring accuracy. As for the scope, yes it is creakote and I had Short Bus at Custom Gun Coats do the work. He and Todd owner of US Gun Works are two Hide vendors that I know can do scopes without messing them up, but I don't ask the wizard how the voodoo works, I just ask them to get it done. They both have threads in the photo section, Short Bus and 30 Cal Sniper are the Hide handles. The logo is our SWAT team logo and I just took a photo of the patch, sent the scope out and a week later it sat on the rifle doing the dirty.

Sully

View attachment 28771
Remington 700 sps acc-sd .308 20"
Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist 2 Glass bedded and dipped in ATACS Forest Green
Surgeon Short Action Bottom Metal with AICS 5 round magazine
Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56mm MOAR Reticle
DNZ 30MM Tactical Scope Mount
Primary Weapons Systems PRC 308 Precision Rifle Compensator Muzzle Brake
Timney Trigger 40X with Safety 1-1/2lb pull
Harris Bipod

Still wanting to get some work done on the bolt and a bolt knob.Then she's complete.

Last edited:
Mine 16.5 inch, factory barrel, usual mods, black Cerakote, BC stock, started it in a McCrees, love the BC, fun 300yd steel and hunting rifle. Goinng to get a brake and contemplating a stock color change or camo krylon job.

reze2uje.jpg

y4eva4eb.jpg

Well here's Mine. AAC-SD 16.5" .308 1 in 10 Twist.

Falcon Menace 4-14x50 FFP B20 Mil/Mil Scope
Sunoptic Red Dot Sight (Just for Fun)
Millet Tactical 30mm Low Rings
Weaver Tatical 20 MOA Base
Surefire MB762 Muzzle Break
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Stock Bedded
Badger M5 DBM Bottom Metal
AICS 5 Round Magazine
Factory Tuned Xmark Pro Trigger

Here's some pics, shoots pretty well too.

n1b3es.jpg

169qltz.jpg

wci892.jpg

23vaog1.jpg

If you're asking me then it's Definitely my SAKO TRG22. It's a 1/2 MOA Gun ALL Day Every Day. The Remington is certainly accurate enough to for anything I need it to do, but it's just not on the same level as teh SAKO. The Trigger and the Quality in general is just supperior with the SAKO. It's built like a Tank yet Light and Handy at the same time. I got the Remington for the Factory 16.5" Barrel setup as I like the shorty rifles and was very intrigued and inspired by the GAP Gladius Rifle Concept. A good 16" Rifle with a Folder Stock would make One Hell of a compact package too.

Which gun is more accurate the SAKO .308 or the Remington ACC-SD?

I had a feeling that was going to be your reply. I was looking at the TRG, but I went with the more conservative price tag on the ACC-SD . Looking back I wish I had the TRG . MY Tikka T3 will out shoot my ACC-SD and without all the work.

I had a Tikka T3 Scout CTR with the Factory 20" Heavy Barrel in a KRG W3 Chassis. Honestly the Tikka Shot Just as Well for me as the TRG22 did. Now looking back I wish I kept that rifle as well, especially now that Berretta Stopped selling the CTR line to promote the Tactical Line (only difference is Threaded Barrel for double the price. That Tikka T3 Scout CTR was the BEST $800 I've Ever Spent on a Rifle. Worth Every Single Penny.

The only reason why I got the AAC-SD is for the Short Barrel as I really wanted one to play with and didn't want to wait for a custom and finding a donor. I still love the Remington, but SAKO and Tikka will always have a special place in my Heart and Collection.

I had a feeling that was going to be your reply. I was looking at the TRG, but I went with the more conservative price tag on the ACC-SD . Looking back I wish I had the TRG . MY Tikka T3 will out shoot my ACC-SD and without all the work.

New to this sport so I'm starting on the low dollar path.

Here we have an AAC-SD
HS Stock Bedded
20" 1:10
Timney 2.5#'s
JEC Brake
LaRue 20moa base
TPS .822" rings
Viper Vortex FFP 4-16x50 Mil/Mil

Attachments

• RO-Zero2.jpg
    RO-Zero2.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 48
  • RO-400Knee.jpg
    RO-400Knee.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_Z.jpg
    100_Z.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
View attachment 28771
Remington 700 sps acc-sd .308 20"
Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist 2 Glass bedded and dipped in ATACS Forest Green
Surgeon Short Action Bottom Metal with AICS 5 round magazine
Nightforce NXS 5.5x22x56mm MOAR Reticle
DNZ 30MM Tactical Scope Mount
Primary Weapons Systems PRC 308 Precision Rifle Compensator Muzzle Brake
Timney Trigger 40X with Safety 1-1/2lb pull
Harris Bipod

Still wanting to get some work done on the bolt and a bolt knob.Then she's complete.

Have you considered a KRG bolt lift? I've got one on mine and for the price and convenience of putting it on myself, its like a sore dick... hard to beat.

Welcome to KRG

Have you considered a KRG bolt lift? I've got one on mine and for the price and convenience of putting it on myself, its like a sore dick... hard to beat.

Welcome to KRG

Yes, as a matter of fact I did, the KRG looks like it would do its job well. After seeing some other custom 308's on the hide, I think I'll have the bolt fluted and the bolt handle threaded and the knob added then. Just waiting on spring turkey season. This way Ill be tied up with other things while the work is being done on my bolt.

wow some nice rifles here . Im almost embarrassed to post mine ,but this is how it has to be until I go back to work .
300 blackout with sightron 3x9x40 .

Why are all of you guys playing with your 20" sticks... 16.5 is soooo much more fun!
These were taken when i had MOST of the parts in hand

30mbqdv.jpg

zlc4ti.jpg

AAC-SD 223 16.5"
AICS 2.0
Seekins 20moa
AAC 51T Flash Supressor
Timney Trigger
PCR Phoenix Bolt Knob
ARC M10 Rings
Bushnell 3.5-21x50 H59

This thing HATES the 55gr bulk reloads that i had on hand when i took it to the range this morning. I'm talking 4-5" at 100 yards. Waiting for my FGMM to come in hopefully friday...

Rem 700 AAC-SD .308
XLR Evolution Chassis in ultra-flat OD green Duracoat
XLR folding stock adapter
11" XLR rails
10r AICS mag
Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
Vortex 4-16x50 FFP MOA/MOA
Butler Creek flip caps
NightForce two-piece 20 MOA base
Burris Xtreme 30mm ultra-high rings
Flatline Ops Accu/Level
KRG Bolt Lift
Atlas BT10-LW17 bipod
YHM Phantom QD brake (YHM Ti Phantom not shown)

Barrel and action Cerakoted in Desert Verde by X-Werks in Pheonix AZ
Manners T6A
Bushnell ERS G2 Retical
PT&G Bottom Metal also Koted in Desert Verde
Badger rings

2poacd0.jpg

Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
Manners T-2 stock
Seekins DBM with AI magazine
Bushnell tactical elite 3200 10x scope
Atlas bipod

From the wayback machine.....what does this set up weigh, I've just acquired a 16.5" aac and have been wanting an A4 on a rifle for a long time, cant decide to put it on my 300wm or my aac 308, the 308 will be packed around alot more than the 300wm so I have been leaning towards a manners mcs-T or one of the elite hunter stocks. Thanks

TBAC Brake
MCM A4
Accuracy First Anti Cant
Horus Predator 8-26
ARMS low rings
20MOA Base
Surgeon bottom metal
And an atlas bipod on the way.

Shoots 175 SMKs at 2650ish, 208 Amax's around 2500.

3aryjupu.jpg

The first OCW I ran looked real promising but mine has been inconsistent since.
After one particularly disappointing range day I dug a sizeable wad of copper out of the barrel and haven't spent much time with it since, but I'm hoping to get it sorted this year.
If it fouls like that again I'm thinking about something like Tubbs Final Finish system.

HS Police stock bedded with Devcon and M5 DBM bottom metal
EGW 20 MOA rail pinned and #8-40 screws topped a Zeiss Diavari FL 4-16 in Seekins low rings
X-Mark Pro trigger with a spring from erniethegunsmith.com set at 3 lbs., surprisingly nice break
My own bolt knob upgrade
AR Performance muzzle brake opened up for .30 cal
Missing in the photo is a stock pack from Triad

new camo.jpg

Last edited:

Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD
XLR Evolution Chassis (w/ factory modified XLR tactical stock and XLR folding device)
Jewell trigger
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
XLR/Talley 20 MOA scope base (bedded)
Seekins 30mm rings 1.26” X-high
Atlas bipod BT10-LW17
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 (w/ switchview and Butler Creek caps)
SWFA scope level
PWS PRC

Attachments

• Firearm Collection Precision Bolt Action.jpg
    Firearm Collection Precision Bolt Action.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Here's mineimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

R700 aac sd
Harris bipod 6-9
Ross Schuler muzzle brake
KRG bolt lift
Weaver 20MOA rail
Weaver 30mm medium rings
SWFA 16x42 Scope
Ultimate Sniper Stock

Love my groupings!

My Rem 700 AAC-SD with B&C stock and Vortex PST 6-24x50mm FFP mounted on Badger Max 50 rings.

Attachments

• IMG_1621_zps878293d3.jpg
    IMG_1621_zps878293d3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 36

Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD
XLR Evolution Chassis (w/ factory modified XLR tactical stock and XLR folding device)
Jewell trigger
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
XLR/Talley 20 MOA scope base (bedded)
Seekins 30mm rings 1.26” X-high
Atlas bipod BT10-LW17
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 (w/ switchview and Butler Creek caps)
SWFA scope level
PWS PRC

Rem 700 AAC-SD .308
XLR Evolution Chassis in ultra-flat OD green Duracoat
XLR folding stock adapter
11" XLR rails
10r AICS mag
Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
Vortex 4-16x50 FFP MOA/MOA
Butler Creek flip caps
NightForce two-piece 20 MOA base
Burris Xtreme 30mm ultra-high rings
Flatline Ops Accu/Level
KRG Bolt Lift
Atlas BT10-LW17 bipod
YHM Phantom QD brake (YHM Ti Phantom not shown)

What kind of groups are you guys getting after dropping the action into the XLR? What were you getting previously?

AAC-SD, trued
Still the original Remington trigger, but tuned down to 3 lbs
Krieger fluted .264 barrel, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor w/ AAC-51T muzzle brake
PTG fluted bolt
XLR Evolution folding chassis
Nightforce 20 MOA rail
Leupold MK4 high rings
Bushnell ERS w/Butler Creek caps
Atlas Bipod

MBaJM4nl.jpg

What kind of groups are you guys getting after dropping the action into the XLR? What were you getting previously?

I never shot it with the original stock. Also, to be frank, I'm new to precision bolt actions (this is my first, only 200 rounds) and I haven't had a chance to have a more experienced friend fire it yet. Still, as my skill level has grown in the three range trips I have had the rifle has performed. So far, I have been able to get consistent .61 to .74 MOA groups with quality match ammo. These are five shot groups and in most cases would have been quite a bit smaller if not for one shot, which I'm pretty sure is me. I think the rifle is capable of .5 MOA or better, with the right ammo, but I have not proven that yet. I hope to prove that both I and the rifle can do it in the not too distant future.

Getting rid of the original stock is a given. There are plenty of highly skilled shooters who can't even get 1 MOA with the Hogue stock on these rifles. In most cases, it flexes and touches the barrel.