• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 action feeding issues

Pippinm7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
I picked up a Springfield Waypoint in .308 (rem 700 action)

I am/was having trouble with the magpul magazine feeding reliably, so I bought an accuracy international AICS magazine and it feeds better but not 100%

I thought I had a feed ramp issue, then I thought the cerakote was too thick in spots, and now I’m wondering if the magazine well is not lined up completely with the action.

In the pics the one of the left you can see a little overlap of the action into the magazine well and in the second pic you can see the action is slightly behind the mag well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-Mike
70CACB71-2654-4ECD-92B5-0FFAA7960A85.jpeg

The mag well looks lined up just fine IMO. I agree, call Springfield.

Additionally, it is common for magazines to need tuning. You can always take a slowmo video of inside the action while cycling. Then when it malfunctions you can watch it happen and determine what exactly is happening.

The mag well looks lined up just fine IMO. I agree, call Springfield.

Additionally, it is common for magazines to need tuning. You can always take a slowmo video of inside the action while cycling. Then when it malfunctions you can watch it happen and determine what exactly is happening.
That is a great idea and then I can always send it to Springfield as well. Thanks!

Insert a mag, how much up and down play do you have. Take a picture down the raceways with a mag inserted and the bolt out. How much of the case head can you see through the hole?

Are the bullet tips catching under the feed ramp? If so reduce OAL.

Reactions: Pippinm7