• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem 700 action specs

hereinaz

LS Wild - Thunderbird Long Range
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Is there a technical drawing with the specs of a Rem 700 action that shows where all the holes are drilled, measurement for lug to extraction cam, other measurements, etc?
    Is there a gunsmithing book with such a thing?

Thanks.

I believe they are available from Remington for a hefty fee and a signed NDA. I have been unable to obtain anything with that sort of detail from any non-OEM source. Probably the closest I've seen was the sheet provided by JPL Custom with their action blanks (4140 raw blank with wire EDM'd bolt raceway). I don't think they are in business anymore so I don't know what the status of the drawings are, but they should be OK to post since they were freely available on their website in the day.

Attachments

• JPL700CustomSA1.5RevA.PDF
      559.1 KB · Views: 314
    I believe they are available from Remington for a hefty fee and a signed NDA. I have been unable to obtain anything with that sort of detail from any non-OEM source. Probably the closest I've seen was the sheet provided by JPL Custom with their action blanks (4140 raw blank with wire EDM'd bolt raceway). I don't think they are in business anymore so I don't know what the status of the drawings are, but they should be OK to post since they were freely available on their website in the day.

You, sir, are awesome.

With all the clones, it is obvious that all the manufacturers figured out the dimensions and tolerances. Most are gonna play it close to the chest, that makes sense.

My Google fu is pretty good, but this one had me stumped.