• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 Action

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
Can you buy a Remington 700 action direct from the company?
I tried contacting the custom shop with no avail. I realize there are alot of great action builders on the market but all in all alot are based off the 700.

Does Remington offer this?

Re: Rem 700 Action

Brownell's sells them from time to time. You may want to keep an eye out for a barreled action or a inexpensive Rem 700 hunting rifle, strip it for the action and sell off the stock and barrel.

If you are looking to build a custom rifle, you will be better off with a custom action if you can afford it. By the time you have a smith square up and true a Rem action, you are very close to the cost of a custom action which is ready to go.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get them from Midway

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=954731</div></div>

Discontinued.
frown.gif

I have a Stiller TAC 300 on my last build love it, but I want to build a few more guns for different purposes and didn't know if this would be a cheaper alternative.

Can someone tell me the differeces in the 700 actions? The ones you buy at Wally World are sloppy and the higher end 700 are smooth and crisp?

That would be the only thing that would stear me away from buying just an action from Remington unless I hear otherwise?

Shooters Corner also have actions at times.

They also have all sorts of shooting accessories...like BR rifles, varmint rilfes, combo rifles, custom actions, dies, bullet dies, scopes, used barrels/stocks...and the list goes on!

http://benchrest.com/shooterscorner/
then click the list...and open the PDF document..THEY can not keep up with everything so the list is updated periodically...you have to call to confirm...an item or ask if they have one you do not see listed...

good luck! <span style="font-weight: bold">I missed a McMillan GP stocked, accurized 243 ackley item V-20 on the list...It SOLD 2 hrs before I called...</span>