• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 bolt guns and Larue Rail and QD rings

BBsteel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2010
MN
Any of you Rem 700 fans use the Larue LT113 rail along with LT123 QD rings? Wondering how well they work and if there are any dislikes. I have LT104 mounts for my ARs and constantly swap optics. The same thing would be nice as I begin to build a few bolts on the 700 action.

Re: Rem 700 bolt guns and Larue Rail and QD rings

Larue makes first rate stuff. I just don't like QD stuff with just those simple levers.

I use this exact set up on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical...no complaints at all! Larue C/S is great and the base and rings are awesome. No issues.

LT is good stuff, never used the ones you are talking about but I accidentally ordered my SPR-1.5 with 30mm rings for the scope I used to have on my AR. They sent me 1" rings, some stickers, a billet bottle opener, a hat and some steak rub...all for free hahaha how cool is that, now I'm using the 30mm's I ordered in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use this exact set up on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical...no complaints at all! Larue C/S is great and the base and rings are awesome. No issues. </div></div>

Thanks for the feedback!

I know they make good chit guys. Hence the reason I have them on my AR's and a lot of them. Looking to find about the specific bolt rifle types.

Mr. Steel...

I'm with ya on being able to swap optics on my bolt guns. However... I'm not sure if that's what I "really" want to do. Seeing as all my guns have a different personality and like different loading, swaping a scope even between two of them, my zero would be off.

Now if you want to store these bolt guns in a small case together. Having the LT kit on both rifles would be the hot ticket. The mounts and rings hve the repeatablilty you need IF it goes on and off the same rig. Between rigs... Not so much.

AS always... This is just IMHO and of course, YMMV.