• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rem 700 cdl sf?

rankroddin250

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
Lewiston, Id.
www.myspace.com
Does any one have a remmy 700 CDL stainless fluted magnum?
how do you like it? what kind of accuracy are you seeing etc.
I have been in the market for a new hunting rifle for quite a while and Im trying to decide weather I really want to drop 1000 bux on a tool.

Re: rem 700 cdl sf?

I just got rid of one in 270. Never measure it but my 3 shot groups at 100 were touching. Gun handled very well, and soft on the shoulder. Sold it to fund a 700 aac and a 30 cal can from innovative arms. Very nice piece for sure. Hate I got the suppressor bug and sold it so quickly.

Its not a magnum, but I bought a 700 CDL SF in .243 a couple of months ago. The bolt is smooth as butter and it shoots pretty damn good with my handloads. Its also a looker. I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop and after the rebate ($100 from Remington) it was just over $800. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one, but I am also a R700 freak.

I know for allot of people here 1000 bux for a rifle isnt allot of money but it is for me. I will be selling 2-3 rifles to fund this one so any information is awesome! I think Im pretty much decided. :-D

I wouldnt have no problems picking it up. Reloads and bedding can cure just about anything with a remington.

I really like my .260
Guns1090.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not a magnum, but I bought a 700 CDL SF in .243 a couple of months ago. The bolt is smooth as butter and it shoots pretty damn good with my handloads. Its also a looker. I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop and after the rebate ($100 from Remington) it was just over $800. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one, but I am also a R700 freak. </div></div>

After spending its first 20 min in the woods, it was sufficient for the task at hand. Looks good too! Buy one and you wont be sorry.

w027o1.jpg

Its so hard waiting! I have finally saved up enough for the rifle but the stock I want is 200 + 100ish for scope base & the glass i want is another $700 so Im holding off buying the rifle until I have enough for every thing. Thatll keep me from gettin impatient and wasting money on cheap glass later on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dexter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your going to replace the stock just get the SPS SS. Half the price of the CDL is the stock. </div></div>

But I want the fluted barrel.

I wish I could get just the action and barrel from Remington then put my own stock, trigger, etc on it. would save me allot of money and less extra parts floatin round the gun room for sure!

You mentioned a CDL SF magnum. I have one in 300 WSM and I love it. I did put it in a Bell & Carlson Medalist Tactical stock and bedded it. It shoots great but I hand load for it. It really likes 168 Barnes TTSX. Let me know what other questions you have.

Maybe it's just me but what makes a cdl a cool rifle is the purdy wood stock. If you're gonna replace it, I agree with a stainless sps and have a smith flute it. Have him replace the pos trigger while he's at it.

I sure love to see them do a stainless in 260 1/8 twist.

I'd probably have to buy one.

Reactions: steve_dowg2001