• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rem 700 cdl sf

Re: rem 700 cdl sf

I have one in 7mm Rem Mag. I wouldn't say it is a heavish barrel profile. More of a sporter. Mine has a magnum sporter barrel channel.

If you want a heavy barrel profile look at the VLS. They made them in 7-08 and I used to have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want a heavy barrel profile look at the VLS. They made them in 7-08 and I used to have one. </div></div>

Unfortunately, well firearm wise, I live in Ireland no chance of getting a special run like that imported without paying a small fortune even if I could get a dealer to source one!!!

I have one in 243 and it is far from a heavy barrel. Heats up quick, but it is a hunting rifle so not an issue except during load development. Remington no longer makes a new factory heavy barreled 7-08, which sucks.

It's not a heavy, but it is heavier than a factory sporter off of say, an SPS.

I have 2, one in .257 Roy and one in .280 and they are not a heavy barrel, maybe a little more than a sporter.

I think they are actually a magnum contour, IIRC.

Re: rem 700 cdl sf I had one

I had one in 260. The muzzle was normal size, about .650, the magnum contour is a little heavier in the middle. The rifle was LIGHT, about 7 lb with a 24" barrel. I would go for a normal contoured barrel