• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 DBM Compatibility Q

okkaps

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I currently have a Rem 700P .308 that has the factory HS Precision police stock however it has the factory detachable bottom metal (see picture below).

My question is this...Can I replace this DBM with another such as CDI DBM and will it work with my receiver?

I thought I read somewhere a while back that this receiver may be proprietary to this specific DBM system in this HS stock thus any other DBM wouldn't be possible to use.

Thanks!

DSC_6477.jpg

Re: Rem 700 DBM Compatibility Q

I just cant see Rem making a different receiver just for there detachable mag. you can always compare your 700 to a buddys, I can see the HS stock being specific to the Rem BDM but not the Rem reciever.

I thought the same thing however I've heard this from a few sources. Nonetheless I prefer to do my own homework and verify for myself. I hate to asssume anything.

Pic of receiver if anyone can compare to a non-factory DBM set up. Same receiver as in question, was painted since pic above.

PEH_6656.jpg

Talk to CDI. Email or call - the man knows his stuff and will give you the skinny.

Shot off an email to Jeff (the DBM Buddha) and was told it should work. I'll update when I get the time to make alterations to my project. Thanks for the responses!