• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 LA fitment issue in MDT ACC

Vasily

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
I purchased an ACC LA chassis for a 300prc build I'm waiting on. While I'm waiting to take delivery of my new Zeus I thought I would drop my Rem 700 in it to try out. I set my barreled action in the chassis, held the rifle upright and tapped the butt to seat the recoil lug. Upon threading the action screws I noted some difficulty. It seems I had to move the action forward to get the screws to thread. The action also seemed to wonder around the chassis and really didn't want to find a home. This rifle in my XLR is 1 moa on a bad day...see pic of my group in the ACC. It's all vertical stringing. The windage is near dead on. I'm not to concerned as this barreled action will stay in my XLR but it does concern me that when I received my new Zeus I may have a problem. Im prepared to bed it but Im interested if any of you have had fitment issues with chassis. Again, the final build will be a long action Terminus Zeus in a MDT ACC Premier which of course is designed for Rem 700 and clones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523-011816.png
    Screenshot_20230523-011816.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
what did you find out? Im also struggling with my 300prc Cadex action with ACC. Action screws not staying tight.

Reactions: Vasily
I had it bedded by GT Accuracy, aka Greg Taylor. He did a beautiful job and the rifle is very precise. His recommended torque setting is 65 in lbs. Starting with front screw at 20, then back screw at 20, then 30 & 30, 40 & 40 and so on until you reach 65 for both.

I had a 300WM that would back screws off but I used 45 in lbs. I would place a small drop of blue loctite on the threads and it took care of the issue. This may not be the best practice as it may give a false torque reading if you don't clean the threads before reinstalling.

What I learned is that not all chassis fit their intended actions. I also have a Accuracy International AX that I did NOT bed and it consistently shoots 10 plus rounds into smaller than a penny at 100 yrds. From this point on I will always plan to bed the stock, chassis or not.

Best of Luck

what did you find out? Im also struggling with my 300prc Cadex action with ACC. Action screws not staying tight.
Forgot to attach my response to yours...see above