• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 MARS 0 MOA for NV?

DackJaniels

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2019
Hey everyone, picked up a 0 MOA long action MARS rail a while back and put the project in the back of the safe for a while. Well decided my christmas bonus would be best spent on upgrading that project and setting up my long range hunting and plinking bolt action. The base rifle is Sendero in a 300wm. The scope is an Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56. The night vision is an ATN PVS 22 Gen 3 with an IR illuminator. So pros of the Mars rail include being able to mount both the PVS and the illuminator on the rail (And hopefully one day a rangefinder like a Radius, but that’s just a day dream). If I stick with the Mars rail, I’d just have to get a mount like this and call it a day. Or I can scrap that route, pick up a base with 20 MOA built in, and just grab a regular mount. I was also eying the MDT chassis with the built in 20 MOA base. Bolt actions aren’t my forte so I’m not really sure if any of these routes are “better” but I have heard people say the Mars rails are useless unless going for a clone. Thanks for the time and input everyone!

I have a friend building a m24 that’s trying to decide the same thing. The mars rail raises the scope too much for my liking so I’d sell that monstrosity and pick up some 20moa bases or put the money towards that mdt chassis.

Last edited: