• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 Medalist A2 Tactical Stock Refinish

Panther

Competition Shooter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2009
    Alabama
    I had long ago changed out the factory stock on my Remington 700 .223 rifle to a Bell & Carlson Medalist A2 Tactical since I was also using the rifle for ballistics testing at my job as well as using it at precision matches. Now that it's pretty much a dedicated match rifle, I decided that I wanted to dress it up a bit instead of the black webbed OD green.

After removing the action, rail section and sling swivels, I masked off the recoil pad and interior inlets of the stock and I sanded down the outside of the stock to smooth out all those webbed-spatter bits. The paintjob elements are all things I had here from other projects: spraycan black primer, sponged on coarse grain silver (Createx), airbrushed green candy apple (House of Kolor), and then an airbrushed catalyzed urethane clearcoat (DuPont ChromaClear). After cure, I wet-sanded and polished it out, and reassembled the gun. It looks a even better in person in the sunlight than shows up in the photo as the glow "moves" as you shift position.

Here's the before and after:

Attachments

• MyRem700.jpg
      MyRem700.jpg
      221 KB · Views: 13
    Fantastic! I'd like to see more photos in good light, it's a beauty.