• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REM 700 SA CUSTOM STOCK MOD PROGRESS.

brknshk

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
redmond, oregon
HEY GUYS, THERE WAS A THREAD AWHILE BACK ABOUT SOMEONE MODIFYING A STOCK. I REALLY DUG THAT ENOUGH TO TRY IT MYSELF, I STARTED THIS YESTERDAY AND HAVE GOT QUITE A WAYS, I GLASSED IT AFTER CUTTING THE GENERAL SHAPE AND NOW AM AT THE POINT IM USING A LIGHT FILLER TO FINISH THE SHAPE ON IT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YA GUYS THINK. I JUST COULDNT AFFORD A 500.00 STOCK SO I WORKED WITH WHAT I HAD LOL. AND IM TRYING TO TALK JCS INTO A PARTIAL TRADE FOR THIS STOCK PLUS SOME CASH FOR THAT MAUSER 22 250 HE HAS ON HERE. HINT HINT LOL. SO HERES A COUPLE PICS SO FAR, AFTER IM DONE UPLOADING PICS I WILL GO THROUGH THEM, ORGANIZE AND EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP WHAT I DID.

IMG00015-20090805-1634.jpg

IMG00016-20090805-1634.jpg

IMG00025-20090806-1553.jpg

IMG00026-20090806-1554.jpg

Re: REM 700 SA CUSTOM STOCK MOD PROGRESS.

instead of buying another rifle with the stock plus cash, why not just put that cash toward the stock you wanted in the first place?

i'm confused.

ETA: You can turn off shout-at-everyone-mode by hitting that caps lock key on the left side of the keyboard, just under "tab".
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brknshk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANY THOUGHTS SO FAR?</div></div>

I think your CAP LOCKS is stuck on.

I thought about doing something like that. I have my old stock. It would be a nice way to kill time. I already have the action in a tactical stock, so it would be no loss if it were screwed up. The hard part is getting the flimsy forend a little more rigid

WELL TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT WHY TRADE THE STOCK PLUS CASH IS I CANT SEE THE POINT IN SPENDING SO MUCH CASH ON A STOCK. AND YES MY CAPS LOCK IS ALWAYS STUCK ON
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brknshk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WELL TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT WHY TRADE THE STOCK PLUS CASH IS I CANT SEE THE POINT IN SPENDING SO MUCH CASH ON A STOCK. AND YES MY CAPS LOCK IS ALWAYS STUCK ON
smile.gif
</div></div>

Why?

WHY WHAT? CAPS LOCK? THE KEYBOARD GOT STEPPED ON AND IS MISSING A COUPLE KEYS LOL.

Nice boss. Show me the finished product when u are done. Looks good so far. Would laying fiberglass strips plus a resin help the ridgitity in the fore arm. Just a thought. I can get you some glass supplies if you ever need them to play around with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brknshk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHY WHAT? CAPS LOCK? THE KEYBOARD GOT STEPPED ON AND IS MISSING A COUPLE KEYS LOL. </div></div>

PM me your address and I'll mail you a keyboard. Is the KB plug round (PS2) or small rectangle (usb)?

brknshk - Any update on this project... I am contemplating the same thing.