• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rem 700 sendero 300 win mag

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
what is this worth if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. its got the jeweled bolt 26 inch stainless barrel and the hs stock. its also got a leupold vari x III 3.5 x10 on it. its an amazing shooter but i need some new glass so its got to go. heres a pic of it
DSCN0174.jpg

Re: rem 700 sendero 300 win mag

DSCN0173.jpg

lol well pic posted and its wrong one so here is the right one. any help would be appreciated

My guess depending on condition (and it looks good) about $700.-$800. for the rifle, and about $300 - $400. for the scope. So about $1100-$1200 for the whole package if you sold it on the net. A buyer hot for this combo may well pay a bit more.

If you have the original box and papers for the rifle and scope, you could maybe squeeze out another $100 or so. I don't know why but having the original box and papers seem to add about 10% to the sale price.

Check out Gunbroker for used rifles and see what they go for. I think your best bet (in terms of $) is to sell the rifle and scope seperately. Ebay seems to yield the highest price for Leupold Hunting scopes. Gunbroker is a good place to list your rifle. I'm not sure how a hunting rifle would sell here in the classified section, but it's free and you might generate some buyers.

Good luck,

Bob

thanks bob. i checked gunbroker and they wanted 1100 for a sendero which is what made me ask here. i thought it was a bit high but who knows. thanks for the input i truly appreciate it

Yea they want $1140. for brand new Sendero's. Your's is of course used. So take 20 to 30% off that, which is how I reached my figure. Of course some people list their guns on Gunbroker for way more than people will pay. And they sit there for a long time.....

One pilgrim has his used Sendero listed for $1500. with zero bids. Good luck to him. I was trying to give you a reasonable estimate of what you can get and sell it fairly quickly. You may do better. It is an auction site after all.

Bob

sorry bob i wasn't trying to offend you i appreciate your help. i was curious as to what it was worth and you were the first post. i am not trying to rob anyone. i look at the market today compared to what it was 4 years ago and am disgusted. of coarse that has to do w/ the economy and the president right now. again ty for you price quote. it was close to what i was looking to get out of mine

grunt,

Was not offended at all. I was just trying to clarify how I arrived at my price.

Best of luck,

Bob

I agree with Bob for the most part. I think the rifle would bring between $800 and $900 here on this site. Probably about the same on Gunbroker, it is stainless and fluted, so those are pluses. The scope wouldn't do as well here, but who knows. eBay may be the best bet for it. If I had the money and you had 50 posts, I would make you an offer.

Dave

FWIW, I bought a new Sendero SF in 300RUM a few months ago for $875.
I thought it a fair deal. Bought it here in fact.

thanks dave and everyone who has responded. lol dave believe me i am trying to get to that 50 post mark i have seen multiple scopes and rifles i want and have many things to post here for sale as well. thanks for the info and prices i was in about that range but figured i would ask here just to make sure i was not screwing anyone.

I think you will be ok at that range, I think it is a great rifle, I have wanted one of those for some time, but I get bogged down with other projects and builds. One day I may get there. Is there anything you are looking for trade wise? You can buy and trade with under 50 posts, just not sell.

Dave