• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 SPS Tac AAC-SD 6.5 Creedmoor

mikey geester

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
San Antonio TX
Anyone have any accuracy data on this rifle? Just curious to see how it shoots in a chassis. I know QC isn’t the best on these rifles but I got lucky with one in .223 That shoots 1/2 MOA with my hand loads.

Thanks gents.

I have one in 300blk .I like it everything good except the Hogue stock sucks will need replaced I went with Magpull
20170215_220305.jpg

Short Action Customs used to have a pretty affordable work over for Remingtons. I think he pulled the barrels, then recut the chamber and threads and put it all back together for a reasonable price.

Basically makes it how it should have been leaving the factory.

Reactions: Pusher591
I dropped a barrelled action from Brownell’s into a KRG Bravo and was very happy with the results. I wanted a lighter weight creedmore for hunting. It is perfect with a 2.5-10 leupold Mk4.

I have a RPR and a heavier build (3 total 6.5 creedmores) with 18 & 27 power scopes to compare to. All groups are within a dime to a quarter within 100 yards with all three rifles.

Of the three builds the remington/bravo build is the most cost effective.

Short Action Customs used to have a pretty affordable work over for Remingtons. I think he pulled the barrels, then recut the chamber and threads and put it all back together for a reasonable price.

Basically makes it how it should have been leaving the factory.

Yes!!! I really wish Mark would bring that back. It was around $500 and always seem to net exceptional results

Great Data.

Nice rifle.

So I notice your recoil lug on your rifle is a different finish. Is this a factory barrel?

Remington Factory action, Remington factory barrel, PTG recoil lug, Timney trigger, stiller DBM and Manners stock.

Remington doesn't build one rifle at a time like a smith would. Barrels, actions and bolts are pumped out on separate lines. There's a guy who puts them together and sets the headspace by recoil lug thickness when paired with bolt size. Then it's off for marking and finishing.

That's all I did hear. My action was an original R700 Varmint from the 90's, notice the jeweled bolt, I bought a new take off barrel and then set the headspace with an aftermarket lug. I'm between .001-.002" over minimum headspace with this lug, based off headspace gauges and fired brass. Which tends to be a bit tighter than most factory built rifles since most will fail on a no go gauge but pass on a field gauge.

Last edited: