• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 sps tac / str. eagle x56 scope - stock mount get it done?

I used the one MDT makes in 20 MOA with the recoil lug in multiple rifle builds (Howa and Rem) without issue.

I have an EGW rail and it fits and works fine on my R700 in .223. They make good stuff. I can't argue with Lost_Phil though on having a rail with a recoil lug for heavier recoiling rifles. Without a recoil lug cast or machined into a rail, the shear forces of recoil are taken up by the screws, and screws were never meant to take shear forces (Nightforce is another mfg. that makes a rail with a built in recoil lug)

I have an EGW rail and it fits and works fine on my R700 in .223. They make good stuff. I can't argue with Lost_Phil though on having a rail with a recoil lug for heavier recoiling rifles. Without a recoil lug cast or machined into a rail, the shear forces of recoil are taken up by the screws, and screws were never meant to take shear forces (Nightforce is another mfg. that makes a rail with a built in recoil lug)
def a factor, appreciated - again lost-phil thanks