• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 8-40 screws?

Boss334OP

Infectious Agent
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2011
MN/ND
So I picked up my first tactical rifle: Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308 20" 1:10. Then I found a Nightforce 15 MOA one piece base for half price and couldn't resist. My question is: Will the 8-40 screws the Nightforce comes with fit my action or will I need to go to the gunsmith?

I ask because I recently talked to someone who said the 8-40s would not fit into his SPS.

Thanks

Re: Rem 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD 8-40 screws?

I believe remington uses 6-48.

Ok... What is a reasonable price for this to be done? Do I have any options other than drilling?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss334OP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok... What is a reasonable price for this to be done? Do I have any options other than drilling? </div></div>

Dunno on price. I have not had it done. The other option is to get a base that uses standard mounting screws.

Guess I'll be going to the smith then. Thanks for the help LoneWolfUSMC! BTW, 8541tactical.com Rocks! The "Budget Precision Build" is what put me on the 700 AAC-SD in the first place. Keep up the great work!