• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 SPS tactical ??

mike27

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2006
Arkansas, Yellville
I just bought(havent recieved it yet) a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308. The fella I bought it from says the word "tactical" is stamped on the barrel. Is there anything different about these remington rifles compared to the standard Rem 700 rifles? Thanks
mike

Re: Rem 700 SPS tactical ??

Yep, they say Tactical on the bbl. Other than that, just another remmy 700 varient. Mine shoots very well, I'm sure you will be happy.

P.S. small world, My moms from Yellville

I really like mine. The parkerized finish is a perfect base for Duracoat. The stock is junk. Mine made a good wall ornament. Pick up a used HS Precision take-off here on the hide and you will be GTG.
YMMV-Rob

definately change the stock over.
nice little rifle, very handy
smile.gif
you'll love it.

I agree with Ol Rob. I did the same thing. Pick up a H&S Precision and you will enjoy a lot better. Remington needs to make a better stock than the tupperware junk they put on them.

Has anybody tried the Blackhawk axiom U/L stock with this gun or is there any reviews? Ive been looking at one for my Remy 700 tac.

Ive got mine sitting in a McMillan A3 and love it, no different from any other rem 700.

Look on the bright side: The Hogue SPS stock means a boost in sales for H-S and Bell & Carlson, and more $ on the used market for our H-S take offs so we can afford to buy McMillans, Manners and AICS stocks. Overall it's a win/win for the shooting industry.

The only thing Remington does not do for the SPS, is include a tag on the stock that says "For display only, Burn before Using"......
smile.gif

Bob

Nice stock..looks great. I wish I could afford a MCM. I still havent found any reviews on here about the blackhawk stock. It seems to have everything I would want but need some feedback to see if it is what Blackhawk says it is.

I would just get a HS police take off or a B&C for the money...

I just put an Axiom Stock on my SPSV Liked the set up but the only drawback is if you install the bipod the stock seems real flimsy, Easily tweaking in any direction you put any type of pressure on. If you get one I would spend the extra on the aluminum one. Other than that it seems like its going to work out but havent shot it with that stock on it yet.