• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 SPS Tactical...

nf9648

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2005
God's Country
Finally got everything together today, Ill be running it in South Dakota next month pretty hard for about a week, between the prairie dogs and coyotes Im very anxious to say the least. Here is what Ive started with, Ive already decided on a chop to 18" and a thread mount Ti can but would like to hold off on an aftermarket stock until this rubber one becomes a limiting factor for me...

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
IOR Valdada 2.5-10x42mm FFP mil/mil illuminated
Seekins 20moa base
Seekins Med height rings

DSC04818.jpg

Re: Rem 700 SPS Tactical...

I just ordered one today. Should be here in a few days.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nf9648</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally got everything together today, Ill be running it in South Dakota next month pretty hard for about a week, between the prairie dogs and coyotes Im very anxious to say the least. Here is what Ive started with, Ive already decided on a chop to 18" and a thread mount Ti can but would like to hold off on an aftermarket stock until this rubber one becomes a limiting factor for me...

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
IOR Valdada 2.5-10x42mm FFP mil/mil illuminated
Seekins 20moa base
Seekins Med height rings

DSC04818.jpg
</div></div>so your gong to loose 2" off the barrel which means about 40-50fps slower -why?
for $200 You can free float in a B&C a5 type stock-not perfect but not bad and way better than the latex forend dildo on the SPS.leave your barrel alone and invest in a stock

40-50 fps is negligible for my purposes, having a shorter overall length is a higher priority to me when you add 7-9" worth of suppressor. If I find a really good deal on a stock Ill pick one up, but my wallet is focused on powder, primers, and bullets for the next couple months.

If your reloading the problem with the shorter barrel is you up your pressure considerably to get good velocity to make longer hits with less wind resistance and a flatter arch .To keep the BC in the higher range you need speed -speed = case pressure =head expansion soft pockets and brass worn out pretty quick .Just a few things to think about also when going short.