• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 SS in Richards Tackdriver just finished!!!

jc98ss

Swansonisms
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2010
Middle TN
just finished this Stainless Remington 700 BDL in 30.06 with a Leupold VX III 6.5-20x40 sitting in a Richard's Microfit Tigerwood Tackdriver.....these tackdriver stocks are the BEES KNEES!!!!!.... custom pillar bedded, glassed with marine tex (which is awesome, btw), free floated, and the trigger set at 2.5lbs.....she shot lasers before, but i can't wait for a range report

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNJlIPd9k84"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNJlIPd9k84" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Rem 700 SS in Richards Tackdriver just finished!!!

That tigerwood looks great. I have the same stock on my Ruger. How many hours in finishing on yours?

thanks mn.....i've got it down to a science....probably about 4 hrs total sanding, but that's only because the fingergrooves slow me down alot.....i start at 60 grit and walk it all the way up to 600, whiskering after 320......a regular monte carlo i can finish in less than half that time.....for some reason my arms look like popeye's afterwards
smile.gif

No kidding, quite a workout sanding them out. That is a great stock for offhand shooting, and works pretty good off a bipod too. You're not gonna get much attention here due to it not being "tactical", but I can appreciate the functionality and the work that went into it. How was the inlet? Did you end up bedding the action?

^thanks, they definitely aren't the most "tactical", but they feel amazing and turn out beautiful i think.....it's almost a shame to take a rifle like this out into the field, but i do.....the inlet was good on this one....i did my green tikka t3, the stock that richard's sent me had a horrible inlet, but me and the dremel made it fit right.....i have since ordered two more tikka stocks from them and the inlets were much better.....yes, i did bed this one with marine tex

012.jpg

049.jpg