• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 stock question

GSPKurt

III
Minuteman
May 19, 2009
Trenton, FL.
I have a Rem 700 ADL. Will it work in a BDL stock? Would it, essentially, turn it into a BDL?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rem 700 stock question

Yes, It will work if you buy the bottom metal assembly to fit the bdl stock. I would not consider it a bdl simply because adl has a matte finish and bdl is blued.

Same action. ADL has the magazine box attached with a screw and a blind magazine. Otherwise the same. Get the bottom metal and you are GTG.

[ I would not consider it a bdl simply because adl has a matte finish and bdl is blued.[/quote]

Some maybe ........ I have an older adl that is blued not matte. It now wears a bdl stock.

I cracked the ADL stock, and I was wondering if the BDL would function. I am not worried about blued vs. matte. It is actually blued, in fact. Thanks all for the input.

You would need a BDL or SPS floorplate and magazine box or cut the ADL magazine box down. The ADL magazine box is deeper then the BDL/SPS box.

I swapped my stock just like your sayning and it worked fine for me!

I did this swap about 20 years ago. I remember having to do some minor grinding on the shell boxas it was a little too tall. Other than that it was easy.

I've done a couple, and both required that the magazine box be shortened about 1/4". Other than that, it's a drop-in proposition.

If you have a belt sander or bandsaw, you can chop the mag box pretty easily; otherwise I'd just order a BDL mag box - they're not expensive.