• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing REM 700 trigger adjustment

338RUM runner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
S.E. Idaho
Need some help on Rem 700 adj. It's the new trig with 2 screws front 1 rear. What does each of the screws do. I have done earler trigs but not any of the new ones. There is no screw in the trigger. Weight is heavy and lots of over travel. Thanks

Re: REM 700 trigger adjustment

fngmike, Not sure it's like that one. How many new ones do they have. No screw in trigger, also not like the old std of 15 years ago. 2 hex front and 1 back like the old ones. Do i adj the same as the old one.

I was gonna suggest the same link from fngmike it just helped me through MIT adjustments on my sps/tactical about a hour ago.

I've adjusted the xmark pro, the one without the screw on the trigger shoe, like the older triggers. The one thing I've found is that the overtravel can affect the function of the safety. Also, the overtravel is harder to adj because of the jam nut within the trigger.

If you can't adj to your liking, I wouldn't mess with it, just get an after market trigger.

Ya i should have left it alone, stripped the overtravel hex screw. Ordered a new Trigger today, pos Rem trigger, ok rant over, and thanks to all.