• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing rem 700 trigger job

rubicon20032003

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2009
Coal run
What a good place to get one done? And what do they run? I bought a old rem 700 to replace a x-trigger on ar15 for $15 shipped

Re: rem 700 trigger job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm guessing that many other heads are spinning from this one. What the F*#K are you talking about?
Disappear TROLL. </div></div>

All he said was he got an older Rem 700 trigger on ARFCOM for $15 to replace the x-mark trigger he had, and he wanted to know where he can get a trigger job done and how much will it cost... Was it really that hard to understand???

+1 on doing it yourself using the link provided. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm guessing that many other heads are spinning from this one. What the F*#K are you talking about?
Disappear TROLL. </div></div>

I thought my teachers back in school were joking, but reading really is fundamental. Sure the OP's grammar is lacking a bit, but damn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rubicon20032003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a good place to get one done? And what do they run? I bought a old rem 700 to replace a x-trigger on ar15 for $15 shipped </div></div>

You really can do this yourself with minimal risk to your safety. Lots of info here, in gunsmithing books and other online sources. Just be mindful of the assembly as you tap out the two pins. As the trigger bar rides a small coil spring that is held captive when pinned into place, you can lose that spring if not careful.

It sounds harder than it is. The pin's raceways are staked to keep them from drifting out. It is subtle but you can see the marks just above the pin holes on the right side of the action. A 1/8" drill bit will ream the staking lumps smoth for reinsertion.

The bolt release and spring are fastened to the rear pin n the left side of the action. Look at it all carefully before removing so you understand how it goes back in.

I've done it a couple times recently, with help from 7mmRM and Scimitar, and it was pretty simple. Check for safe before loading live ammo and you'll be done.

It's a ten minute job for a smith or an old hand!

rubicon,
I was wrong. I read that you had a rem trigger for your AR...etc.
Standing down.