• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rem 700 using m1a mags.....

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
is there a reason someone can't design a dbm setup that uses a more common box magazine, ie. G3, fal, m14, etc.? somebody could make a million bucks... i find it hard to believe that everybody is willing to pay $75 for one 10 round mag.

Re: rem 700 using m1a mags.....

I don't have a DBM but from what I have learned from being here it isn't really viable since you would have to machine the feed lips and ramps of the receiver which alot of people don't want to do. A DBM using the AICS mags just needs the stock inletted which is a lot more attractive to people.

There was a guy doing this 15-20 years ago. Extensive machining of the bottom of the action. Simply not worth the effort. Weld, grind and machine your action to get the mags to work and have a half-assed setup. Or buy bottom metal designed for your action and have a reliable set-up.

Good luck

Jerry

M1A mags are also fairly expensive. I could see FAL mags at a couple toe-nail clippings per mag, but M1A mags are running upwards of $40 a pop.