• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 Varmint @ Dicks for $350 on Black Friday

Re: Rem 700 Varmint @ Dicks for $350 on Black Friday

I did a similar rebate deal amonth ago....still have not received any rebate yet. Gonna have to call to see what's up. Other wise a good price.

I just got one last week. I wish I waited a bit longer.

TANX!

with the "deal" they were offereing last month the counter dude mentioned the black friday deals.

i think i will have to get at least one.

perhaps 6 as an "investment" inventory to sell later.

Hmmmmmm. Sure would like one in .223.
This might be the time to pick one up.

I am looking to get into long range with my wife. How would you rate this gun for starters? Was thinking .223 for her and .308 for me. Actually, I might try a .243 for her since I bought her a Savage .243 deer rifle. I do not see what kind of scope is on the rifle, but I am sure it is cheap.

The stock scope sucks. But, it's a good donor to your 22, or to a friend who wants to try glass out. I got mine last year for 350$; shoots right at about 0.78 MOA over my last 250 rounds (I actually track every shot). Good enough for smacking 12ga shells at 100 yards in succession, and golf balls are fair game or near-miss at out to 200 (mostly because I can't read wind for shit, not enough practice). It's a nice deal. Buy one. You might not clear a 3/8 dot-drill with one, but you'll be damn close. You will be able to clear a 3/4 dot-drill with one.

I'm curious about this deal. What specifically is the rifle that's being offered? Is it an SPS Varmint, ADL Varmint, something else? I'm not seeing any Varmint models with that camo stock option on the Remington site. Perhaps this is a special version for Dicks?

Its an ADL Varmint...kind of a 'big box special'.

It's a good deal. I bought one in October with the last deal and one of the guys in that thread warned that they might have a better deal for Black Friday...and was right. Anyway, it's a 700 ADL Varmint with 26" barrel, mine's a .223 and shoots pretty well for the price.

Well worth it, IMO.

I bought one last year with the $50 rebate then. Took forever to get the rebate and they lost it twice, so keep good records.

As for the gun it's a good starter. Stock and scope both are garbage. Took mine and almost immediately switched it to a Bell & Carlson M40 and love it. Gun shoots well, .5 Moa with basic handloads. The barrel is long and heavy. I'll likely get mine cut down to 22" at some point.

Charlie

Yeah, it looks like you'd probably have to go and replace the stock and bottom metal almost immediately. Which trigger does it come with? Is that something to add to the list?

It comes with the new X-Mark trigger.

Now I know that many of you use these as barreled actions for LR builds, but frankly, it's a cheap shooter right out of the box that works well for me right now.

Then again, my skills at this time are not good enough for me to spend a pile on it for improvements, other than the scope and rings that I swapped onto it.

already pricing B&C medalist stocks and choate tactical stock both under 250.00.

dick's special run rifles on the rem website:
http://www.remington.com/en/product-families/firearms/special-runs/dicks%20centerfire.aspx

no mention of the x mark, but since 2009 was supposed to be standard equip on 700's. don't know if that differs on the special runs, sort of like the walmart special run rifles.

on the economical side of DBM:

at the very least is this (polymer)
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/818519/...n-polymer-black

PTG uses aics mags http://www.midwayusa.com/product/528435/...-aluminum-black

CDI uses aics mags http://www.midwayusa.com/product/618291?cm_vc=S014

wyatt's includes the mag

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail

Because after doing just a wee bit of market study, they determined that not very many people shoot varmints with a .300 Winchester magnum.

Decent deal although fighting black Friday shoppers isn't on my fun list

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because after doing just a wee bit of market study, they determined that not very many people shoot varmints with a .300 Winchester magnum. </div></div>

makes sense to me.

Im going to put one in a mcree. 440. dollars. And put a moe mag pul on it. 75.00. Thats about the same money as a medalist and dbm.

^^^ that sounds like a much better option than what i wanted to do. can you pleas PM me or post where youre picking up a mcree for 440.00?

Guys, for all that's gonna buy, and I haven't even purchased from them, I went with a BC from Midway, and Natchez has the HSPs for $297. But look at redhawkrifles.com, he sales several stocks, always has all the colors, and is the cheapest around. I didn't care about paint, and I knew Midway would have it at my door in 3 days so that's why I went with them. I'd like to have another, just to get my 3 kids off my 700s, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^ that sounds like a much better option than what i wanted to do. can you pleas PM me or post where youre picking up a mcree for 440.00? </div></div>

I think he is talking about the McCree's G5 TMAG carbine stocks. You have to add an AR buffer tube and stock to them. They start at $388.

Redhawk Rifles is usually always about $30-50 cheaper for stock and accessories than Stockys. Plus they're a family run business and have great customer service. Andddd they build a fine 700.

^ thanks gravOD

i don't mean to intentionally dredge the thread up again, but
does anyone know if there is a restriction on the rebate?

in other words is it a "one rifle / rebate per household" kind of thing?

i'm looking to hopefully get 5 or 6 of these....i don't think i'm restricted in Pa. when buying more than 1 rifle, but will call my usual FFL to get the info on that so i'm not caught off guard on Friday.

Just went to my local Dicks on my lunch break. They had 5 in stock, 3 are .308 and 2 are .223. Current price is $549 with a $40 rebate. They open at midnight and the good news there is no other real crowd drawing stores where this one is so parking should be decent.

Can anyone recommend a decent inexpensive scope for someone who wears glasses?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rescue Medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just went to my local Dicks on my lunch break. They had 5 in stock, 3 are .308 and 2 are .223. Current price is $549 with a $40 rebate. They open at midnight and the good news there is no other real crowd drawing stores where this one is so parking should be decent.

Can anyone recommend a decent inexpensive scope for someone who wears glasses? </div></div>

SWFA SS 10x Mil/Mil Great scope for the money. Can't speak about how they do when you wear glasses though.

I got 2 from Dicks about a month ago - there wasn't a limit to the rebates that I got. I would also like to point out that Dicks has a 90 day price match guarentee. If it goes to a lower price on any other day than Black Friday, you can walk in at any time, bring your receipt (within the 90 days) and get cash back for the difference. On Black Friday, the only difference is you have to be present ON Black Friday to get the discount - ie, you can't bring in the circular from Black Friday another day to get the difference, but they still will do it. My rifle ended up being about $330 for 243 and 308. So, I plan to go in on Black Friday and get some more cash back for the newer lower price of the rifle.

Called my local store they didnt have any in SPS varmint
frown.gif
Had the bone collector and adl varmint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCas45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called my local store they didnt have any in SPS varmint
frown.gif
Had the bone collector and adl varmint. </div></div>

The ADL Varmint is what the sale is for...

You are absolutely right haha, I checked their sight and only saw the sps varmint for sale and was just thinking that was the one.

This is gonna cause me some problems......
wink.gif

This sale gun is going to cost me a fortune isn't it? Gun on sale, new scope, new stock, things I need that I do not even know about yet because I am new to this. Stuff for the wife to make her happy because "I bought a new toy".

Anyone know what the twist is for the .243?

They do this deal every year. Last year I bought the 22 250 and the year before that I bought the 223. They have the shitty x mark trigger mine had 8.5lb pull so I replaced with a timmney. The stock is not bedded or free floated so I replaced with B&C. You then need bottom metal. But after i replaced all the parts the 223 shoots 1/4 and the 22 250 shoots 1/2. With handloads of course. Keep the scopes because Bass Pro does a scope trade in. You can trade the shitty scope in for a credit toward a new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeroFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got 2 from Dicks about a month ago - there wasn't a limit to the rebates that I got. I would also like to point out that Dicks has a 90 day price match guarentee. If it goes to a lower price on any other day than Black Friday, you can walk in at any time, bring your receipt (within the 90 days) and get cash back for the difference. On Black Friday, the only difference is you have to be present ON Black Friday to get the discount - ie, you can't bring in the circular from Black Friday another day to get the difference, but they still will do it. My rifle ended up being about $330 for 243 and 308. So, I plan to go in on Black Friday and get some more cash back for the newer lower price of the rifle.
</div></div>

Thanks for pointing that out. That will get me an extra $50 back. With that I will have paid less than $300 for my 22-250.

I think I am missing something on that. If the rifle is $350 and you bringing yours in for the lower price how will it be $300? The price of the rifle is actually $450 before the mail in rebate. Does the lower price include the rebate?

I just took advantage of this deal. My store still hade 5 left to sell. Pretty sweet deal, just walked in on my way to work.

I can't believe that they're running background checks at this hour of the morning for the mouth breathers who don't have a carry permint

Well, the help they have at Dick's isn't the most trained help I've seen. I have a CLP and the junior behind the counter insisted that I fill out the full form as if I were buying a handgun. I told him that my CLP precluded the need for this on a long arm, but this was his first gun sale and figured I was trying to pull one over on him.

I don't know about other Dick's stores, but here even the managers don't know squat about the firearms they are selling, nor how to do it. It's just another retail item for them.

By the time you get this gun upgraded it probably costs as much as buying a gently used gun exactly the way you want it. I bought a Rem 700 in .22-250 and upgraded to BC medalist stock and leupold scope. It shoots so-so. I would agree with previous posts that Red Hawk Rifle sells stocks very inexpensively and the customer service is top notch.

Well, got there at midnight and got my rifle in .308. Looking forward to starting some longer range shooting. Hope you guys post pics and specs of what you are doing to upgrade since I am new to this.