• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rem 700 VLS .221 Fireball what can i change it to?

shooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sorry if this is a dumbass question to most but it my 1st (virgin) time dealing with this kinda shit. I have a rem VLS ( varmit laminated stock ) with blued bbl in .221 fireball that i like a lot but i get no use out of since i have a ar and other varmit caliber rifles. I was curious what can this be changed to. I really want a custom 260. How much money will it cost to get the boltface or whatever else needs to be done to change the caliber before adding all the other accessories???

Re: rem 700 VLS .221 Fireball what can i change it to?

You can change it to pretty much anything in a Remington short action provided you change the bolt face (if necessary) and the barrel to the appropriate chambering.

Do some checking at Brownells for pricing

Rebarrel to .300 Whisper, no need to change the bolt, and put a suppressor on it. Then you end up with a .30-cal rifle that is quieter than most air rifles.

come on what about the .260 or other calibers I want this done and who is a good gunsmith who i can send it too who is a few months before itll be back to me an I can pay me in intallments since so much is going on right now for me? Help me fellows

open bolt face, or swap the action for a 308 family action..

lots of Good smiths here on the hide.

223AI

or you could sell the 221 fireball and buy something else. 221 fireball is a fun little rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or you could sell the 221 fireball and buy something else. 221 fireball is a fun little rifle.</div></div>

I agree, very cool and super accurate little round. Definatley on my list.