• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 XCR LR 308

Kells81

Slacker
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX
    Picked this up a few days ago, first groups in this setup were great, I gotta head back to the sandbox so I will not be able to get a target load worked up. I did have a bunch of a certain hunting load worked up for my Kimber Tactical it shot great through the SPS tactical and the Rem XCR tactical. will have to keep this load as a pet hunting load for 308's(165 SGK over 42.0 of RL15). 168 SMK's over some Varget clean barrel was 5/8" 5 shot group.

I picked this SPS tactical upoff another Hide member, No complaints on how it shoots at all, will do 1/2" 5 shot groups with the hunting load.
    Rem700_AICS.jpg

Was in my favorite gunstore in Stephenville TX and ran accross the XCR tactical so picked it up, They are pricey, but has a 40X trigger and had a very clean 36oz pull out of the box according to my RCBS scale. Since I am slapped on time I didnt have time to order anything for it and get to play with it, I gotta go back so I have a list of items I need and will order them so I can play with it next time. I robbed the SPS tactical so I can play with the XCR, have come to enjoy the AICS so might order another setup for it,
    DSCN06001.JPG

And I put this in another thread, but this is under the action behind the front screw. Have seen markings like this on weapons over in the sandbox, this is the first boltgun I have noticed it on.
    P3070244.JPG

Re: Rem 700 XCR LR 308

Nice gun store. Been there when I went Hog hunting.

Re: Rem 700 XCR LR 308

yeah, Star is pretty much the best gunstore in the area, I cannot think of another one anywhere within 100 miles of me thats better as far as customer service, pricing, and selection.