• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REM 700P MLR 338LM

hunterbeto

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
PALMAS, TOCANTINS, BRASIL
dear friends,

I tried to post in more <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">firearms for sale</span> </span>can not, sorry!
blush.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">I am interested in buying a REM700P MLR 338LM, anyone know where can I get one? and if you have any comments about this rifle? </span>

thanks.

Beto

Re: REM 700P MLR 338LM

I havn't herd the best of things about them. I say: If you can afford to shoot a rifle chambered in $5's you can afford to have a .338lm built for you by one of the good smiths. You'll be much happier with it I suspect.

Remington is busy redesigning the Rem 700 in 338LM. It will be awhile before they are re-released. I had one of the first that was released and after I rebarreled it and had it blueprinted it shot lights out, out to 1500 yards.

This info came straight from Remington at SHOT show 2009

hmmm interesting
whats wrong with the current setup???

i was considering this rifle as a base for my next rifle...

I have (had) a MLR 338 Lapua. The barrel is short (24.5" + 1.5 " muzzle brake) and is not ideal for reaching max velocities. Mine settled in with 250 SMK and Scenars at around 2850 fps for an easy 0.5-0.75 MOA shooter. Below is a photo of some test loads at 200 m (220 yards).
P5070630.jpg

It honestly worked fine and impressed me on more than one occasion. After a season of shooting with it, I used it as a base platform for a custom 338 Lapua. For me this worked out 'cause I wanted to know if the 338 LM was "that much more convincing" than my beloved 300 RUM's. Well it certainly was and did, so I went ahead and rebarreled and restocked it into a custom. If you know for sure the 338 LM is for you, go full custom from scratch with a reputable smith. If you are testing the waters, the MLR is good to go.

Before
P5030616.jpg

After
PK338LM1.jpg