• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem M40 questions

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    I am curious if anyone has dealt with Connor at Celtic rifles. I have tried for a year to get in touch and no reply.

I have some M40 parts and need a stock. Also have some extra parts, including a correct scope, rings and mount. Rings and mount are not issue I think but correct. Scope is original.
    Will sell or trade the extra stuff to get the correct stock. Just looking for input here on how to go about it.

Thanks,
    RTH

I have heard many good things about them so still curious. Otherwise, I agree.
    Thanks,

RTH

Same thing here. I heard only good things about them, but was never able to get in touch. No reply to emails, voice mail always full... Web site was last updated in 2009. Funny it says: Email is the quickest way to get hold of us...

They use to anodized 1st gen Redfields. Dont know if they still do it as we dont hear about them anymore.

I think the principal was actually a poster on this site in the past. Thought he might post here. Conner was his name.

Connor is a good friend of mine. Busier than a one armed paper hanger in a wind storm, but a good guy nonetheless! Builds some really good rifles as well. I'll get him on here to get up with you guys!

Interesting... I do not know the actual names of posters here, only recognize Lizard King's call sign... I do not have any PM's in my sniper's hide mailbox... but I do have a ridiculously strong spam filter on my website. I receive 5000-7000 emails a week, and if I wanted a bigger johnson, or perhaps a cousin in Nigeria trying to reach me, or better car insurance... I would have no problems!!

However, if you have emailed my at [email protected] and received no reply... email me here..and tell me you have emailed me so I can double check the spam filter. I have not received any emails here at Sniper's Hide since Nov last year... but there are many ways to get a hold of me.

As for the website, I have a full time job, am trying to get the weapons business up so I can retire from AV installations. For example, I was the project manager for the installation of speakers, speaker wiring and all broadcast cabling at the new ATT Stadium (aka Cowboys Stadium) with a crew that reached 113 people, and final tally was 16.5 million feet of cable and fiber. All this, dealing with the VA, as well as working on local weapons from local police, etc, and doing all that and maintaining a website with Microsoft Publisher is... well... difficult. Would be happy to trade work for website design if they are willing to meet what I need...

Scopewise, I am still doing the anodizing of Redfield scopes, as well as repair of Unertl's, Weaver 330's,M84's, No 32 Mk 2 and 3, etc... Am currently spooling up so I can do my own anodizing, so I am not dependant on other contractors for this.

Anyway.... I am here, have not gone anywhere...

If you are trying to get up with Connor, shoot him an email at the address on his site or call the number listed. He's around!

To all:
    I am still here... rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated, to quote an old joke...
    If you read the post I put here a few months ago, (Celtic Rifles back online) it would explain many things. It explains all the voice mail/email issues,and many other things as well.

We are still here, and have recovered from many of the issues of last year. When having a full time job that keeps generally a 65 hour week, it makes running a business, dealing with the ATF, the VA, trying to keep a website updated and dealing with the daily surprises that come up pretty interesting!! Microsoft Publisher is a real pain in the neck, and I am not trained as a web designer. The "premade" sites are not very user friendly or have many option, but I am looking into doing a complete renovation this year.

We are still doing scope refurb and anodizing, I am currently setting up a more efficient anodizing system.

With regards to email... We receive several thousand emails a week, most are spam, so our spam filter is very tight, and legitimate emails get caught in the spam filter. We check it regularly, but sometimes miss them. If you have not received a reply, try again or email me here.