• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem M700 - 308 Build

maxgusmc

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2009
South Coast
First stage with Rem M700 SPS build is complete with Badger Ordnance bolt knob and AICS. Note: Using Super Sniper 10X42 side focus until the new US Optics SN3 T-PAL 3.2-17X44 arrives. Took her to the range Easter Sunday after church. Zeroed and held a very nice tight group (~1 MOA) firing Federal Gold Match 168 grain BTHP.

Will post again after new scope arrives and is mounted. Final stage will be the suppressor.

AICSMax01.jpg

Re: Rem M700 - 308 Build

Second stage is now complete with the arrival of my USO SN3 T-PAL. It was delivered late, but got it mounted and was able to get a photo as the sun was getting low. I am anxious to get to the Pascagoula range this weekend and get it zeroed.

T-PAL004a.jpg
T-PAL002a-1.jpg

Looks nice! Where did you get the Badger knob done and turn around time?

I'm working a trade soon for a new PSS and want to do some small things initially.

Thanks!

Mark

I got the Badger Ordnance bolt knob with installation from an auction on GunBroker in January for about $70 plus shipping. I checked everywhere, but couldn't find the info on the gun shop. Sorry that I can't be any more help than to recommend checking GunBroker occasionally to see if he lists it again. If I do run across the info, I'll post it here as well as send you a PM.

Maybe some of the shooters here provide that service or can make a recommendation on where to get it done.

mark5pt56

I think Hooper on this forum does badger knobs installs pretty cheap.

I have sold stuff back and forth to him before. He is a Good Guy and I pretty sure he is in your neck of the woods.

LoneWolfUSMC:

I bought the SN-3 T-PAL here on the Hide from beenjammin. He got it in January and decided that he needed mil-mil vice MOA-MOA. So, I got a new SN-3 specked out just how I wanted one and didn't have the normal wait.

I did order an SN12R from USO last month and lucked out there too. They had one that a customer decided to cancel the order on and I had it in a week. I’d touch base with USO. They can probably give you an estimated ship date.

I called once a month while I was waiting on my AICS. It didn't make it come any faster, but it was reassuring that the wait time was getting shorter.

Hope you get it soon... You'll love it. USO definitely has the best glass I have ever scoped through. I'm heading to the Pascagoula range tomorrow to get my zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mark5pt56

I think Hooper on this forum does badger knobs installs pretty cheap.

I have sold stuff back ad forth to him before. He is a Good Guy and I pretty sure he is in you neck of the woods. </div></div>

Cool, thanks for the info! Does he do the handle mod also? the one where the handle is screwed to the body?

Mark

That's awesome! The last time I saw a pick of a bolt mod, it only had one screw. That's heavy duty there.
cool.gif

I will have to give them a call tomorrow. I don't like to be "that guy" but I like to be able to plan. I also need to get the balance on my MST-100 since it should be getting ready to ship.