• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem Model 7 Question/Stocks

DHDeal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
Gateway to the Lowcountry, SC
I have a youth model 243 that my son has outgrown and I am considering turning it into a fullsize hunting rifle for me. I have plenty already, but one more can't hurt. Caliber will be 6.5 Creedmoor without a doubt, as I have already had one built and the reamer is outstanding.

Question is what stocks can I use. I prefer McM and I don't see any Manners stocks that would be appropriate (the MST has too low of a comb for me and the others are somewhat too tactical for this rifle). Has anyone ever put a Model 7 in a McM Rem Sporter stock. The website lists it for a Model 7, I believe, and the comb does not appear to have much, if any, drop.

FWIW, I have a McM HTG/A, and love it on the rifle it is on, but I want to not get too heavy. As previously stated, I have plenty of other hunting rifles and they all weigh in at 10+ pounds. I ain't getting younger and well, another rifle is just a damn good idea.

Ideas please. Oh, the barrel will be a #4 contour @ 22".

Forgot to add that I do not care for the proper Model 7 stock in feel or appearance. Picky ain't I? Just thought the Sporter stock looks RIGHT. I also have a B&C Medalist in a 300 SAUM 700 SA (kicks like a damn mule but I am gonna fix that most quickest!) and like it for feel and appearance, but I do not believe they inlet it for a Model 7.

Re: Rem Model 7 Question/Stocks

McM Game Scout is what I was considering. HTG, Hunter or A3 sporter are good options too.

HS Precision has a model available.. not sure if that counts as "too tactical" or not, but I was considering it some time ago. It doesn't appear to be anything radical through my eyes. Good luck.

I have my model 7 in an HS precision stock. It is just a straight comb and I really like it. With #4 barrel and 3-9 scope I'm looking at somewhere around 71/2 pounds.