• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem model 700 aac-sd opinion on little chubby muzzle brake

cpl_bstadt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2013
plus.google.com
This has prob been asked b4 but knew to site just asking for info as well as bolt knob worthiness of kinetic bolt up knobs com paired to bolt replace/cut and tread

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have a JP recoil eliminator on my 308 AAC-SD, I would have it no other way. I have not used a little chubby, but if you want the real deal get the true recoil eliminator. It's kind of large and people call it a tank brake, but I wanted and needed recoil reduction. I wanted to be able to shoot as much ammo in one sitting as I could with out any sort of fatigue. My JP brake allows me to shoot full power loads without any problems. Also I use KRG's bolt lift and I love it. JP - Recoil Eliminators

Last edited:
I installed the JPRE-424SS brake and JPJN.58S .875 jam nut. I ordered the stainless unit and it already had a .308 exit hole. All I had to do was screw it on with the jam nut and tighten it down. The threaded portion of the brake is pretty long, you could have a gunsmith time the brake and eliminate the jam nut. Per JP instructions best efficiency is achieved by allowing the muzzle to be recessed into the barrel nut by about a quarter of an inch.