• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem. Model Seven base options?

346ci

FJB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2010
    NC
    I'm looking for a quality base to replace my cheap one on my Remington Model Seven in .270wsm. I have looked on Badger's site but can't tell if they are just for the 700s. Any help?
    thanks

Re: Rem. Model Seven base options?

you can use a rem model 700 short rail and have the rear 3/8" or so removed around one slot. otherwise contact Glen Seekins i am sure he could have one set up for you.

We have made some for the 4 screw action. We built about 10 a couple years ago and believe we just sold the last of them a while ago. We can build and stock a few more. just give us a order
    smile.gif

I just sent ya a email. Mine must be a newer model, it only has 2 factory mounting holes. Thanks

hi 346 your action should have 4 screw holes 2 at the rear and 2 at the front that is 4 otherwise it would be an older model with 3 screw holes 1 at the rear and 2 at the front but the 4 scrwe will fit all models and the actions can be drilled and tapped to suit the 4 screw design.

contact Glen his rail will be the best you could get to do the job.

Thanks fellers! I only could see two holes but I haven't taken the cheap mount off yet, so there could be 4. I hope there is four anyway.
    grin.gif

Seekins 20MOA base on my Seven...
    NEW012.jpg

I took the cheapy mount off and I do have 4 holes. I just placed a order through Seekins. Now to find some better glass.

Knockemdown, that rifle looks sweet! Is the barrel stock? What rounds are you using? I want to get a brake put on mine but the barrel is to thin. Looks like I will have to get custom barrel.

Awesome site guys! Thanks for all the help!

Thanks man. That rifle is presently becoming a .22-243 at the 'smith right now. The stock is just the factory laminated handle ruined with Krylon in that photo. Now it's completely stripped down & hogged out waiting for a bedding job...

You'll be very happy with your Seekins rail!