• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rem or Win

Re: Rem or Win

Neither
I see no point in using factory action when there are so many good customs available

Cost wise, a Stiller Tac30 via group buy runs about same as a trued factory rem....which would you rather have

Or for a difference of Couple hundred dollars your looking at defiance,surgeon etc...way better than factory

Buy once cry once

One advantage of factory actions is they are less expensive that custom ones. For a beginner with a limited budget it may be better to get a factory action, spend money on the glass - and then add parts/improvements as the time goes by.

i've a few Winchester Classics. in fact, one, the Laredo, is at the 'smith right now, getting a Lilja .264 barrel.

the .375 AI has proven itself 100% and a .358 WSM fresh from getting rebored from 7mm WSM.

i like my Remingtons too, but there is nothing wrong with the M70 'cept maybe weight if you are looking to go light.

The M70 is a flat bottomed action with an integral recoil lug. In addition, many M70's use a controlled-round feed, Mauser-style extractor. The 700 is a push-feed, tubular action with recoil lug sandwiched betwixt the barrel and action.

Doesn't make one better than the other, just different. I couldn't tell you why the 700 caught on more with custom builders, or why many custom actions are designed to drop into any stock inletted for a 700 action. The M70 was/is more expensive to machine. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.