• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem Sendero 7mm Mag and Berger 180 VLD

LR338nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2009
Umitilla County, Or
Has anyone tried the Berger 180 VLD out of a stock 7mm Sendero? Berger says you need a 1 in 9" twist, and the sendero has 1 in 9.25".

I was hoping someone could tell me for sure it will or will not work before I waste $50 on a box of bullets.

Also if you are using this bullet, what is your load.
Thanks in advance

Re: Rem Sendero 7mm Mag and Berger 180 VLD

Just shoot your 260

Yeh mate that will work. You just need to find your seating depth, but besides that the VLD's are some of the best projectiles out there.

In fact the 180gr 7mm Berger VLD is my favorite projectile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazuris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just shoot your 260 </div></div>

Just wait, you will be begging me to sell it to you when Im done with it
grin.gif

Ruger1bipod.jpg

I hunted 2010 with 180 gr VLD 7mmRM 70 gr Re22 3025 fps 26" 0.8 moa @100y, 2.3 moa @ 500y.

I shot 3 deer with it in 2010, and I am not happy with long range accuracy or stopping power.

The Ruger #1 has a twist between 9" and 10", hard to measure.

For 2011 I am giving up on Berger VLD [good BC, but too hard to stabilize], going back to Nosler Ballistic tip [good enough BC, easy to stabilize, kills them dead], and giving up on Re22 [good Velocity, not good temp], and going to temp stable powder like Varget, H4895, H4350, and H4371sc.