• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem sps. 308 price?

Re: Rem sps. 308 price?

You can buy an sps varmint for around $500 at dicks sporting goods. Also you should be able to buy a sps tactical for around the price you posted.

Thanks. This one also has a $50 mail in rebate with it. I'll go check at the dick's store. This one was at a local Wallyworld. It is the varmint model. It does have some kind of scope on it. Saw it in the cabinet but didn't lay hands on it to check it.

I already checked out the rebate on these that you are talking about, they do not qualify. Go to remmy's site and do the online rebate and copy the upc #'s they will not match up.

for the 618 i can get an AAC SD version from my local shop. so if you are gonna drop that kinda money id go with that... short barrel and the 1 in 10 twist is a huge advantage IMO

If you have a Bass Pro close to your location they have them on sale plus the mail in rebate for that 500 dollar price range, just saw them last week in their sale flyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allghilliedup04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the 618 i can get an AAC SD version from my local shop. so if you are gonna drop that kinda money id go with that... short barrel and the 1 in 10 twist is a huge advantage IMO</div></div>

I would agree, especially if you have plans for a brake or can at some point.

I was at Bass Pro today and the price is currently $574.97 on sale plus a $50 dollar mail in rebate for a price of $524.97.
WHAT A BARGIN!

Well our Dicks only has the Adl Varmint with a Mossy Oak stock. None at the local Bass Pro here either. A local small dealer has me one ordered for $540.00 + tax. The 12? twist should stabilize the 168 gr. SMK fine. No plans for a can or brake. I'm sure I'll screw another tube on it after a season or two and will go with a 10 twist then
Thanks guys.

i paid 525 for an sps v but my buddy is a dealer
smile.gif

That's not a great buy ..... but it aint too far fetched.

I paid 650 when I bought mine. It's about 100 more than I wanted to spend, but it was during the holidays. Problem is, everyone that was selling them for 550 were all out. Unfortunately, I had to go to Cabelas to get mine. They say that they price match, but that is bullshit. They told me that for them to price match, I would have to give them the phone number and advertisement for another store that has them in stock for that price. I asked him if he thought I was an idiot. If the store in my home town had one in stock for 550, why the hell would I drive an hour to this shitty store to argue with him about price matching. Anyway, even after asking for the manager, they failed to honor thier price matching and I still had to pay 650. I really wanted that particular model or I would have told them to stuff it and went home.