• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem X mark triggers?

Eagle1*

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
Ohio
Anybody know anything about these new X triggers. I need to lighten mine up on my 700 AAc rifle and I turned the screw counterclockwise but it seems not to have done much at all. It seems that I turned it out about a turn and a half. I am stumped..
mad.gif

Re: Rem X mark triggers?

My friend has on on his 700 VTR, i think it sucks he loves it and he can't seem to get it any lighter either!

Got one on my SPS Tactical 308, I like it. Its not as good as aftermarket ones of course, but thats the name of the game.

Have mine adjusted to right at about 2lbs and it works perfectly, so I will stick with it for a while, maybe change later, who knows.

As for your buddy who has one and cant get it to adjust, I had to turn mine several times from the factory 3.5lbs to get it to 2lb on the trigger gauge.

clean, do you remember which way you turned the screw, counter clockwise or clockwise to lighten it up????????

But just to add, this IS a Remington product so there is a change they messed it up lol.

But when you start turning the nut, you can see it move up and down as your loosening and tightening. Tell him to just turn it 2 turns, rachet the bolt MAKE SURE ITS EMPTY, and give it a pull to see if he likes the feel.

Thats what I done to mine until I was satisfied with the pull weight.

I had them on 2 rifles, got them as light as possible, and tried to get used to them.

Long story short, I think they suck and are not worth living with if you can afford to replace them.

Replaced both with Timney's, and was sorry I wasted my time with the factory ones.

I adjusted my x mark pro on my AAC-SD but it wouldn't stay consistent and I didn't like feeling the set screw on the trigger.

Replaced it with a Timney 510 and absolutely love it. Night and day difference IMHO.

I backed the screw all the way out on mine. Im not sure exactly how much it is but its acceptable for now. 2lbs-4lbs idk.

Same here, the set screw on the finger is irritating, also it is too narrow, got my Timney 510 now I am in business.

Ordered a Timney for my 700, it comes in this friday. How was the install, fairly straight forward from what i've read. Did you hit any gotchas?

Timney is without a doubt 100% better than the factory xmark that Remington supplies. But if the OP is wanting to first spend money on optics, stock, rails, rings, other things, a Timney could wait a couple months or so...

But if you cant stand it, you dont want to MAKE yourself get use to something, right? It is amazing what people can get use to as they say, but when there is a chance to upgrade your satisfactions, go for it.

Had a problem with mine not becoming lighter as I backed the screw out. Screwed the screw all the way back in and then back out and did this several times and then it adjusted properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know anything about these new X triggers. I need to lighten mine up on my 700 AAc rifle and I turned the screw counterclockwise but it seems not to have done much at all. It seems that I turned it out about a turn and a half. I am stumped..
mad.gif
</div></div>

Yes the trigger is a piece of shit. Replace it with a Jewell, then give the x fart trigger to someone you hate as a peace offering...
grin.gif

Lowest I could get any of my three rifles down to is about 3lbs.
The set screw sticking way out of the trigger is just asinine.
I'll be ordering Timneys for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered a Timney for my 700, it comes in this friday. How was the install, fairly straight forward from what i've read. Did you hit any gotchas? </div></div>

Only took a few minutes installing the Timney 510 on my AAC-SD. No issues.

Once adjusted to my tastes it has been very consistent. I really like the wider trigger and the serrations in it.

Are ya'll talking about this timney? I was toying with the idea of getting it for my Birthday to upgrade a SPS-T AAC:SD's trigger.

^^ Yes thats it, and on sale to boot. The break of the Timney is night and day to the X-Mark.

My x mark trigger was set at 12 Pounds!! from the factory. I had a friend who is very experienced at tuning the old style Remmys who got it down to 5.5 lbs but it was still gritty, creepy, sloppy and just not good. I replaced it with the Timney... the only problems I had were the bolt release sticking on me (gunsmith fixed it)and I had to mill out some material from the AICS stock to unbind the safety lever. The Timney is a much better trigger and now I know the trigger isn't working against me on my shots. I have it adjusted to 2.5 sweet, clean, crisp, dryfire "ting" lbs. I'm not sure I like the wider trigger shoe though.

I'm thinking of trying a two stage trigger next... the CG Jackson or a Huber.