• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem XR-100 trigger

mi650

Undergrad Rifle Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 30, 2010
    Michigan
    Does anyone know of a 2-stage trigger for an XR-100 in .308?

I'm finding different info. Some say a Model 7 will fit, some say a 700 trigger will work.

I know it's not a 700 action, so not sure that will work. Would make it too easy!!

TIA

I love this rifle, might be my most accurate.

ac0ewcP.jpg

Does anyone know of a 2-stage trigger for an XR-100 in .308?

I'm finding different info. Some say a Model 7 will fit, some say a 700 trigger will work.

I know it's not a 700 action, so not sure that will work. Would make it too easy!!

TIA

I love this rifle, might be my most accurate.

ac0ewcP.jpg
    As I understood, it is actually an XP-100 action. The original XP used a traditional trigger, activated by a push rod from the trigger shoe. Del Taylor and Mike Dewey make an outstanding XP-100 triggers but they are not adaptable. (Being a target trigger with no safety you probably would not want it anyway). Howver, about ten to fifteen years ago, there was quite a bit of interest in XP-100’s being converted to rear grips. the triggers used would probably work for you application.

Most are using Jewel Triggers

Last edited:
    Reactions: mi650
    for what its worth the xp 100 was remingtons exsperimental pistol center grip single shot. the xr 100 is called the exsperimental repeater also center grip . usely some people take that action and convert them to rifle i got one converted the xp100 and put a shilen trigger in mine. there also simular to the rem model 600.

Reactions: mi650
    As I understood, it is actually an XP-100 action. The original XP used a traditional trigger, activated by a push rod from the trigger shoe. Del Taylor and Mike Dewey make an outstanding XP-100 triggers but they are not adaptable. (Being a target trigger with no safety you probably would not want it anyway). Howver, about ten to fifteen years ago, there was quite a bit of interest in XP-100’s being converted to rear grips. the triggers used would probably work for you application.

Most are using Jewel Triggers

Thank you, Sir!

Thank you, Sir!

for what its worth the xp 100 was remingtons exsperimental pistol center grip single shot. the xr 100 is called the exsperimental repeater also center grip . usely some people take that action and convert them to rifle i got one converted the xp100 and put a shilen trigger in mine. there also simular to the rem model 600.
    And thank you, too!

I've read about them being similar to the 600, too.

There really isn't anything wrong with the trigger it has, aside from I prefer a 2-stage. Maybe I'll pull 1 out of another rifle and see what it would take to fit.