• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem700 bolt stop release & aftermarket floorplate

hrt4me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2001
Dallas, Texas
I've noticed that the bolt stop release on several of my Rem700 short-action centerfire rifles has been modified (the tab length shortened) to accommodate various floorplates other than factory original.

Now I need to modify the bolt stop release on my Rem40XB HB to properly fit the McMillan HTG stock and Williams 1-piece steel floorplate.

What do you find is the best way to modify/shorten that bolt stop release tab?

Re: Rem700 bolt stop release & aftermarket floorplate

Does this help?

See page 1 for a pic.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=455344&page=1

See page two for the note:
"The Picture above of the Modified Trigger is wrong. They were milled not dremeled, and the dimensions were .240 from the front <span style="font-weight: bold">edge of the block sandwiched between the side plates (the block protrudes forward of the side plates)</span>, .290 height. Cut away."

Emphasis added is mine for clarification. This is the mod that works with the Williams old style BM.

Re: Rem700 bolt stop release & aftermarket floorplate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this help?

See page 1 for a pic.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=455344&page=1

See page two for the note:
"The Picture above of the Modified Trigger is wrong. They were milled not dremeled, and the dimensions were .240 from the front <span style="font-weight: bold">edge of the block sandwiched between the side plates (the block protrudes forward of the side plates)</span>, .290 height. Cut away."

Emphasis added is mine for clarification. This is the mod that works with the Williams old style BM.</div></div>

Thanks, this looks like just what I need done on my Rem40XB HB rimfire trainer, which I'm building as a clone to my TBA M40A1 centerfire precision rifle; I thought I could get by with only modifying the bolt stop release and hadn't realized the entire trigger needs to milled...
a1triggercut1tw8.gif

1001268an4.jpg

1001272yt7.jpg