• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem700 SS 5R + AICS 2.0 + NF NXS 22x

Jicko

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2006
San Diego, CA
Special thanks to many friends here on the hide, after *many* months of parts hunting, back orders, trades..... my rifle is finally in a "serviceable" state!! Probably not something you hasn't seen before since this seems to be quite a standard and popular build. The rifle will stay like this until my Stiller TAC30 is here to mate with my Rock 5R barrel.

IMG_0267-vi.jpg

Here is the current part list:
- 5R action + barrel
- Tubb's firing pin/bolt assembly
- me tuned x-mark pro trigger
- Harris BRM-S w/ t-nuts pod-loc
- AICS 2.0 + 5 rounds mag
- NF base (actually Badger base is a little lower than NF, and with the cheekrest, it is NOT comfortable, so I went back to the NF base i have...)
- Badger Ordnance Medium .885" rings
- NF NXS 5.5-22x50 MLR/MRAD/ZeroStop
- ACI w/ Badger Gen 1 mount
- USO rail mounted Anti-cant

I need right the way:
- a set of Butler Creek flip caps
- Accu-shot monopod
- a Quick Cuff TIS sling (already got the sling, just need to get some HK hooks)
- Pelican 1720 (already got the case, just need to cut the foam), this will fit in a 1720 w/ the stock folded)

And I *may* need:
- thumb screw, not needed right now, cuz even at lowest, I think the cheekrest is still too high
- FTE brake, i have decided that since i MAY go shoot F-class, so I need a detachable brake
- tactical bolt

IMG_0254-vi.jpg

IMG_0232-vi.jpg

IMG_0222-vi.jpg

Re: Rem700 SS 5R + AICS 2.0 + NF NXS 22x

i have some HK hooks. they may be too narrow for the TIS sling. lemme know if you want to try them and i'll drop them in the mail.

Great looking set-up. Is that AICS Cheek-piece still too high all the way down? Can't wait for my AICS to come in, one month and counting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking set-up. Is that AICS Cheek-piece still too high all the way down? Can't wait for my AICS to come in, one month and counting. </div></div>

For me, it is "almost" too high... I have to go back to the NF base you can see in the pics above... from my Badger base (and I can say, with badger, it IS too high)... NF base is just a tiny higher than the Badger

So... I was wondering if any of you have that same issue....

Lastly, I wil solicit "solution" for how to cut the foam of the 1720 to fit a "folded" AI/AICS 2.0 stock!!! I am clueless.... so I am looking for suggestion!!

These are some nice rifles guys, congrats.i might have to join your gang too........

I fought the scope height issue on my AICS for a while and finally got a higher set of rings. Solved the problem and gives you alot more flexability if you get into strange shooting positions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fought the scope height issue on my AICS for a while and finally got a higher set of rings. Solved the problem and gives you alot more flexability if you get into strange shooting positions. </div></div>

What size rings did you end up with, and which scope do you have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prc329;1695652</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jicko do the bolt knob, you won't regret it. Its the best thing I could have done for my rifle. The bolt is so much easier to work.</div></div>

Due to popular request.... (I cheated tho, it is now a 700PSS, not the 5R)

Badger Tactical Bolt Knob:
IMG_0341-vi.jpg

Newly added - Accu-shot Monopod BT08QK (thanks Adam! of BauerArms):
IMG_0316-vi.jpg

& Redman Tactical AICS Ammo Management System:
IMG_0337-vi.jpg

stop posting pics!

wait till i have mine in hand, then i'll let you post pics! you're driving me crazy!

Awesome. you must be very happy with the results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's it's brother.
laugh.gif

AICS_5R_SN3_CG_Jackson_01.jpg

</div></div>
WOW what are the spec's on that rig?

just curious why did you swap out your stainless action?

Nice gun!

Question regarding AICS 2.0 - whats the risk of play in the folding stock? Guess this should have been extensively tested by AI/Armies/Units who uses the folding stock version?

Is the 2.0 really 100% stiff when extracted from your opinion?

I got a 300rum PSS, and I want a AICS stock for it. Where can I get one?

very nice BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ///mik3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WOW what are the spec's on that rig? </div></div>

x2.. What trigger?

Very nice rifles and optics!

I just dropped my .300 Sendaro into a AICS 2.0. Liked it so much I'm changing my current .308 for a 700LTR which I already have the 2.0 stock waiting for.

The Badger bolt knob is just a damn fine design, can't see why you wouldn't want to put one on! It really does make it easier to work the bolt.

I have a couple of the Redman AMS on the way as well, spotted them here on someone’s rifle. Great idea, I use it just for collecting spare rounds when you have to show clear.

With regards to the folding aspect of the stock, there is no play. None, not a touch, it is a seriously well engineered piece of kit!

When I find the digital camera I'll sling some pics up too.

Liu1.jpg

I thought u have an USO....

PS. I am going to Rainbow tomorrow, you wanna come?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 03bulletstopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AICS 2.0 Is solid like a rock. </div></div>

+1 to that. It is as solid as a 1 piece stock, you WILL NOT be able to tell that it is foldable. It is also designed to be wear resistant... ie. you can keep folding and extending it, and it will not wear, and it will not start to have play creeping in. Altho, yes, it is expensive, but the kind of engineering involved to get to this quality design... I personally believed that it is well worth the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckirkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just curious why did you swap out your stainless action? </div></div>

The SS action is the SS 5R, it hasnt been broken in to my likings yet (just 40 rounds thru the barrel at this point); and I need the rifle for a match, hence, dropping my 700PSS into the chasis, and off I go.

Also, my 700PSS is proven, and I've got detailed data for it, and it got the tactical bolt knob... everything that is needed for my match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spanners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What colour are those skins? FDE? </div></div>

Yes, official FDE. Not very FDE (my idea of FDE is like Magpul's....), IMO

Yes, FDE from AI.

jicko, i'd love to, but i have too many things going on. Christmas is a hectic time for those in the entertainment field. everyone wants you to work in December!

we'll go out soon!

You guys have some nice rifles there, I use the bubble level myself. Its good to have and well worth the money. Right now my only presision rifle is my Windrunner. I need to save up some cash to get a custom stick in a smaller caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATLRoach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ///mik3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WOW what are the spec's on that rig? </div></div>

x2.. What trigger? </div></div>

Ooh, forgot all about this post.

It's a 5R Milspec in AICS 2.0.
-Callahan speedlock to get rid of my J-Lock shroud
-CG Jackson 2-stage trigger (I inlet the stock myself.)
-NF 20MOA base
-Badger 35mm rings
-USO SN3 3.8-22X44 Ergo, 35mm tube 1/4MOA Erek, 1/4MOA M40 windage PCMOA Scale reticle with red illumination 11 position rheostat, 4" sunshade w/ ARD.
-Harris BRM-S with podloc
-SKT Magazine and data card stock pack.