• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remember... Concealed means CONCEALED.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • Yeah I know... 'Technically' this guy had been in the wrong for carrying a handgun into school premises... But in a normal world, why should that be a problem? In this day and age and with the shit going on everywhere, I prefer to be constantly armed, anywhere...

But, word of advice to those who are carrying concealed: Concealed carry means CONCEALED. Pure and simple. Because you may be in a place where it is perfectly legal to do so, and yet, some little soyboy with histrionic personality disorder may blow everything out of proportion and you still end up getting more attention than you want from multiple parties.

Remember... If you think it might show, print, or stick out, don't wear it in that spot on your person. Put it in a backpack or haversack. Don't be this guy...

----------
    A man who was picking up a student walked into Byrns Darden Elementary School packing a handgun, two spare magazines and a knife on Monday.

School Resource Officers with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office stopped the man and arrested him for possessing a firearm inside an elementary school, according to a news release.

At 3:18 p.m., the 53-year-old man entered the school to pick up a student, according to Sandra Brandon, MCSO spokeswoman. Front office staff noticed what looked to be the outline of a firearm under his clothing and notified the School Resource Officer.

While waiting for the SRO, faculty, staff and administrators monitored the man from the office and remotely via cameras, according to Anthony Jordan, CMCSS spokesman.

The schools weren't put on lockdown, but student dismissal was delayed until the SRO arrived. Students remained in their classrooms.

Deputy Ashley Grimes made contact with the man at the front office. She pulled him aside into a private office and asked if he was armed. He said he was, and she removed the Smith & Wesson handgun from his side without incident, Brandon said.

In addition to the firearm and loaded magazine, he was also in possession of two additional magazines loaded with 14 rounds of ammunition, and a knife.

The man, who does have a valid handgun carry permit, said he was unaware that it was against the law to carry in the school. The law is posted on the door when entering the school, Brandon said.

He was taken into custody and charged with carrying weapons on school property, which is a Class E felony.
    ----------

Oh teh noez, he had 14 rounds of ammunition and even a knife! The horror... The humanity... Way to go, ruin an innocent guy's life and cost him his gun rights with a felony charge.

I have always wondered how far those rules extended. The schools with “Zero Tolerance” on school grounds, well the student pickup lot is technically school grounds right? So can I be arrested for the gun in my glovebox while picking up my nephew? I mean how ridiculous can these things get?

I have always wondered how far those rules extended. The schools with “Zero Tolerance” on school grounds, well the student pickup lot is technically school grounds right? So can I be arrested for the gun in my glovebox while picking up my nephew? I mean how ridiculous can these things get?
    The answer in Wisconsin, is, yes you can be.

and teachers lying to students about fake science, teaching immoral thoughts, and that they need not listen to their parents if they are wrong (not in agreement with the teacher....)

Not my kids school. And most are like that in liberal shitholes like Denver.

I follow the laws. They are unconstitutional. I do not need a record or issues for failing to follow. Knowing them falls on me. Personal responsibility.
    My family depends on me. I take care of them first. I do however, wish I could carry at their school.

Gun law debate aside (to the best of my knowledge, Utah is the only state that gets it right and allows concealed carry on public school grounds), this guy was a dumbass. Tennessee is pretty strict when it comes to concealed carry training, even I had to attend the eight hour class as they don't accept anything other than POST certification for firearms training to preempt the concealed carry class requirement. Along with use of force, where you can/cannot carry at is one of the main topics of the class. He knew damn good and well what he was doing was illegal, and his arrogant ass thinking he wouldn't get caught is what made him shrug off the sign at the front door he came through. Claiming ignorance of the law is never a defense anyhow, and this guy is fucked and will be an easy slam dunk verdict for the local DA to pin a felony on this man.

While proper concealment is a great learning point of this guy's failure, an even better one is knowing your local laws, thoroughly, and either respecting those laws or being man enough to admit it when you get caught and face the fucking music you played for yourself. Until "Buy more ammo" turns into "Expend all remaining", the law is the law and actions have consequences.

and teachers lying to students about fake science, teaching immoral thoughts, and that they need not listen to their parents if they are wrong (not in agreement with teacher)

I do however, wish I could carry at their school.

So I made it WELL known that my child should respect and obey her teacher UNLESS it conflicted we me and my wife. I made sure my daughter knew in no uncertain terms that I would drop everything and be at her school fast as shit. That she would NOT suffer repercussions from myself or my wife (her mother). Never really had an issue.

I wish you could carry in school also.

Reactions: Longshot231
    Let me guess some of our resident "just follow the law" types will be all high and mighty about of course this guy should never be able to own guns again... because he broke "the law"....

As of February 2019 these states allow CCW to carry in schools.

• Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Michigan
    • Missouri
    • New Hampshire
    • Oregon
    • Rhode Island
    • South Dakota
    • Utah
    • Wyoming
    These allow school employees, with permission from the school district.

• Idaho
    • Kansas
    • Louisiana
    • Missouri
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Wyoming

There's an easier way to exercise rights and protest than to pull out your dick, lay it on the table, close your eyes and give the judge a ball peen hammer. This fool wasn't exercising his rights, if he was his excuse wouldn't have been "I thought I could carry in a school". He's a Fudd that makes the rest of us look bad, just like the dumb ass with body armor and an AR in Walmart.

But hey, on 9/20 while the fools are rushing Area 51 to find the aliens, how about an armed protest on Capitol Hill in the Senate Chamber over their prohibition of armed carry in a public building. Must come armed. If I'm not there in five minutes, just wait longer. I'm sure it will work like a gem, I mean, what could go wrong?

Or maybe we can focus on electing real defenders of the 2A than the schmucks in office right now, starting with the one in the egg shaped office who thinks our rights are part of the Art of the Deal with more flip flops than Kerry.

Maybe you should read the laws for the state in which you carry? By that I mean the actual code, not some police website or ccw class pamphlet.

I did, and learned a fuckton that wasn't covered in CCW class.

There's no excuse for carrying and not knowing what you're doing.

To specifically answer your question, in Ohio that would be a no. You can't be arrested for having a concealed handgun in your vehicle or on your person while in the car when picking up a student. If you need to leave the car the pistol needs to stay in it.

But, word of advice to those who are carrying concealed: Concealed carry means CONCEALED. Pure and simple. Because you may be in a place where it is perfectly legal to do so, and yet, some little soyboy with histrionic personality disorder may blow everything out of proportion and you still end up getting more attention than you want from multiple parties.

Remember... If you think it might show, print, or stick out, don't wear it in that spot on your person. Put it in a backpack or haversack. Don't be this guy...

You live in NY and it shows. Where I live everything you've said above is meaningless.

I think it’s good to remember that we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty. If he is put in front of a Libtard judge trying to prove a point for reelection he’s screwed. However, if he can’t get a decent lawyer and make an articulate well thought out explanation of his actions he may retain his gun rights. In my state (KY) with the exception of Louisville I think most judges would downgrade the charge to misdemeanor and tell him not to do it again. In my mind there’s a big difference in carrying concealed with license in a proper holster in the wrong place vs. no license Mexican carrying questionable fellow in the same place.

Gun law debate aside (to the best of my knowledge, Utah is the only state that gets it right and allows concealed carry on public school grounds), this guy was a dumbass. Tennessee is pretty strict when it comes to concealed carry training, even I had to attend the eight hour class as they don't accept anything other than POST certification for firearms training to preempt the concealed carry class requirement. Along with use of force, where you can/cannot carry at is one of the main topics of the class. He knew damn good and well what he was doing was illegal, and his arrogant ass thinking he wouldn't get caught is what made him shrug off the sign at the front door he came through. Claiming ignorance of the law is never a defense anyhow, and this guy is fucked and will be an easy slam dunk verdict for the local DA to pin a felony on this man.

While proper concealment is a great learning point of this guy's failure, an even better one is knowing your local laws, thoroughly, and either respecting those laws or being man enough to admit it when you get caught and face the fucking music you played for yourself. Until "Buy more ammo" turns into "Expend all remaining", the law is the law and actions have consequences.
    it is a stupid progressive law.

In Florida, with permit, cannot carry on or. 1500 ft from school but weapon may be securely encased in pov.
    I believe if you accidentally carry IN school it's a misdemeanor

In Florida, with permit, cannot carry on or. 1500 ft from school but weapon may be securely encased in pov.
    I believe if you accidentally carry IN school it's a misdemeanor

Totally idiotic law that asshats passed that lead to the deaths of the Parkland Students. Those asshats should be hung for their law didn't prevent the school shooting like they told everyone.

He may have knowingly enter the school, but I have found myself in similar situations not realizing/remembering until I was inside. I have also walked by the postings without seeing them. Sucks gettin' old.

Shall not be infringed. This guy needs to take this to the supreme court. Being armed while picking up your kids from school is time we need to be armed the most. These school shooting are evidence of that. These laws need to be repealed now. You cowards will just blindly follow any law, just because it's there. If everyone started to non-comply we could get rid of these laws. They are not going to put millions of people in jail or prison because they picked up their kids armed.

He may have knowingly enter the school, but I have found myself in similar situations not realizing/remembering until I was inside. I have also walked by the postings without seeing them. Sucks gettin' old.

Hey Hillary got off scott free from her investigator because he was clairvoyant enough to realize she had "no intent", granted it was the prosecutors job to make that decision but I digress.

How far does the law extend? I've never confirmed it, but I was told that in Texas the entire school zone is a gun free zone. Driving on the road in front of the school with a gun? Illegal. Now, this was 20-something years ago, and the law may be different now. Hell, the instructor may have been in error. But, the main point of the OP is on target, regardless of the law. Keep a low profile. The lower the better.

How far does the law extend? I've never confirmed it, but I was told that in Texas the entire school zone is a gun free zone. Driving on the road in front of the school with a gun? Illegal. Now, this was 20-something years ago, and the law may be different now. Hell, the instructor may have been in error.

You need to look it up yourself. I found that over 90% of what I'm told in personal and internet discussions regarding gun laws in my state varies from slightly to grossly incorrect, when I compare what I'm told to what is actually in the Ohio Revised Code.

You need to look it up yourself. I found that over 90% of what I'm told in personal and internet discussions regarding gun laws in my state varies from slightly to grossly incorrect, when I compare what I'm told to what is actually in the Ohio Revised Code.

....but the purpose of the internet is to disseminate and consume half baked information.

Why you trying to ruin it?

Shall not be infringed. This guy needs to take this to the supreme court. Being armed while picking up your kids from school is time we need to be armed the most. These school shooting are evidence of that. These laws need to be repealed now. You cowards will just blindly follow any law, just because it's there. If everyone started to non-comply we could get rid of these laws. They are not going to put millions of people in jail or prison because they picked up their kids armed.

The same "law" that caused this man to get a felony charge had been responsible for all of the innocent people that had been killed by mass shooters near and far. Only a demented statist cuck can think of responding to an armed threat by disarming the very people who are in the most advantageous position to stop the threat... That is, people who are already present and is there to safeguard their children in the first place. Gun owners everywhere should all play their part in raising enough of an objection that the county will take back that stupid ass felony charge right quick and restore the guy's CCW license.

Reactions: gigamortis
    too bad the school didn't use a little discretion and just tell the guy to leave. sounds pretty clear he wasn't in there to shoot the place up. with all the 'real' criminals getting walks, hopefully this guy will get a walk also.

Volunteer at your kids schools as much as possible during normal hours. Be the person that doesn’t have to sign in anymore. The person that the principals and teachers are happy see. You shouldn’t encounter any problems.

Many states do not require an intensive CCW course prior to receiving your license. My state requires an 8 hour class and a shooting test.

Here, you can carry a firearm onto school property if it’s in your vehicle and in a glove box, and only if you have a .

This guy was wrong. He had a duty to fully understand the laws of his state. He’ll never own another gun if convicted. Shameful all around.

Maybe you should read the laws for the state in which you carry? By that I mean the actual code, not some police website or ccw class pamphlet.

I did, and learned a fuckton that wasn't covered in CCW class.

There's no excuse for carrying and not knowing what you're doing.

To specifically answer your question, in Ohio that would be a no. You can't be arrested for having a concealed handgun in your vehicle or on your person while in the car when picking up a student. If you need to leave the car the pistol needs to stay in it.
    any links to an easy way to find that info?

Good point. I have a copy of Florida State law that I read and re-read until I knew it. But that was in 2009. I better get a latest version and familiarize myself with all of the current changes. Ignorance is no excuse.

Good point. I have a copy of Florida State law that I read and re-read until I knew it. But that was in 2009. I better get a latest version and familiarize myself with all of the current changes. Ignorance is no excuse.

jon gutmaker has a good book lash, florida only
    regardless, florida statutes are pretty easy to read and comp

Reactions: Northfl and lash

Don't waste your money on the book. Go directly on line and read. Click on all the hyper links as you read through it. It's pretty darn cut and dried.

Start here:

Reactions: lash and 308pirate

That's the point. No second hand translation is needed. Always, always go to the statutes. If something is difficult to understand, it pays to pay a lawyer to explain it to you.

regardless, florida statutes are pretty easy to read and comp
    Don't waste your money on the book. Go directly on line and read. Click on all the hyper links as you read through it. It's pretty darn cut and dried.

Start here:

Thanks guys. I agree that Florida statutes are easy enough to read and comprehend as written. Appreciate the links! (y)

As of February 2019 these states allow CCW to carry in schools.

• Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Idaho
    • Illinois
    • Michigan
    • Missouri
    • New Hampshire
    • Oregon
    • Rhode Island
    • South Dakota
    • Utah
    • Wyoming
    These allow school employees, with permission from the school district.

• Idaho
    • Kansas
    • Louisiana
    • Missouri
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Wyoming
    The sad part about that lower list was right after the Sandy Hook incident, a vice-principle in Dublin, GA ended a copycats dream of doing the same with one shot. I believe he did not have permission to carry. Nothing in the news about it, except the initial blurb on it. The media does not want the country knowing a good man with a gun is beneficial to the student population. This happened the day after one of the teachers from Sandy Hook stated to a TV news station, "There was no way to stop the shooter, with any gun. It was too powerful." Again, a good man with a gun did the job.

It's sad Georgia is not on that list.

There is a lengthy legal precedent, your honor, going back to 1789, whereby a defendant can claim self-defense against an agent of the government, if that act is deemed a defense against tyranny, a defense of liberty.

Start here:

this particular book can really be helpful to many, because this 2A lawyer gives his interpretation of the statutes with senerios.
    really is a good book to compliment the statutes as posted. i have read it a few times

Reactions: lash
    That's the point. No second hand translation is needed. Always, always go to the statutes. If something is difficult to understand, it pays to pay a lawyer to explain it to you.

all the reading one does is not wasted, more education can only be better for you, period.

When I had a FFL, probably fifteen or more years ago, BATF sent a copy of all states firearm laws in a large bound paperback book. Is that still done? I would suppose, like everything else, you have to go online now.

all the reading one does is not wasted, more education can only be better for you, period.
    While the book you recommend may be good, a lot of the stuff out there is just shit. Time spent reading erroneous crap is time wasted.