• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 1187 problem

Soups1978

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
Huron twsp, MI
Don't know if this is the right place to post/ask for help. Ive owned a factory 1187 barrel I bought from cabelas Last year and thought it would work on my 1187 super mag since it was 3 1/2"-2 3/4" barrel slid that 1/2" back into the receiver not allowing the next shell to advance. Guess I should have read the box a little more assumed it would fit any 1187 o well. Now to my problem I bought a 1187 premier 2 3/4-3" for cheap scraped the bird barrel and was gonna just make a slug gun. I put it all together and it was tight. It will hold a ok pattern at 50yrds but when I went out to 100 could get it to hit target. After messing with it I noticed that it had a play of 1" left to right which moved it 15" or so at 100yrds. I noticed a round key like thing inside the receiver to line up barrel and seems to line up ok, but the play is killing me. Anyone got any advice? Thanks and sorry if this is forum/place

Re: Remington 1187 problem

Bah, think I need scuby doo n gang on this one, tried it in a friends 1100 and it was tight WTF. I know the box said 1187 on it. Could the receiver expand????