• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 1903??

dabish90

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Clovis, New Mexico
Well I'm about to do this trade with somebody and I just wanted a couple of you pros to take a look at this rifle to tell me if the stamps look right and if it looks authentic.
I'm still trying to post pictures of the rifle
Thanks gentlemen

bagugu7e.jpg
ge7evyqa.jpg
amazuhej.jpg
mube9ate.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Try uploading your photos to an image hosting service... I use Fototime, but there are plenty of others.

Once your photos are up you will receive an answer to your query.

The final inspection stamps on the rifle are original... FJA is the final inspection stamp of Frank J Atwood, commanding the Rochester Ordnance District (Remington's Illion plant fell inside the Rochester Ordnance District).

Are there any stamps on the buttstock? The cut off, rear sight, handguard ring and trigger guard are still blued but the bolt is parkerized and might be a replacement. Might have gone through Ogden or Raritan at some point post war. If the bore is decent it should shoot well.

all serial numbers match. The and the bomb is on the barrel with the proof dot in it.It has FJA, RA, and cross cannons on the left side. under wrist it has a 7 and circle P. In front of the trigger it has a 17,64,27, all circled are squared and a k in a triangle.

With the exception of the bolt assembly, it looks mostly original from the images you posted...all the parts should be stamped R for Remington.

Do you have a photo of the trigger guard assembly showing the front action screw? The stampings for Remington and Smith Corona parts are slightly different.

Just behind the foward action screw on the trigger guard assembly, there should be a demarcation in the sheet metal stamping that should go straight across for a Remington trigger guard assembly. If the demarcation is curved, it is a Smith Corona part.

As long as the barrel is in good condition, I think you will be happy with it. I personally prefer the M1903, but the 03A3s shoot well too.