• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Remington 1911 R1 anyone?

sw99

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2004
Weld CO
Could find much in the search on these.

Anyone care to share their experience with this. My local guy has one for around $600. Looks like the best GI copy I have seen personally.

Re: Remington 1911 R1 anyone?

American rifleman just did a review of it, I have yet to read it though. Colt is doing an anniversary run of the original 1911 for the year 2011 as well.

A friend of mine just bought one. it is a quality gun with no malfunctions out of the box.Accuracy is not too bad. The sights that come with it are a improvement over origional GI

We get one or two a month in the shop, they are well built, lock up pretty tight and as mentioned the sights are better then my old Remington Rand for sure.

The triggers on the initial few seemed very smooth and crisp however the latest three or four were not as crisp, they seemed to drag a bit more.

Well worth the $600.00 IMHO.