• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 260 bullet weight

TnRidgerunner

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
Ooltewah,Tn
I just ran through a match in Cookeville,Tn this weekend and got into a discussion with some guys about how to speed up my Mega AR10 260.I'm presently getting 2685fps with 142 Seirra Matchkings using 45.7 gr.of H4831SC, I seems to be at the optimal dose of powder to keep from having case/primer issues also I'm running a weighted carrier to slow down the operation a bit, in saying all this,has anyone had any experience using using Berger 130gr in a 260 and what speeds are you getting?

Re: Remington 260 bullet weight

I was thinking of trying those in my bolt gun also. Someone will jump in and give you and I some input.

*NOT SEMI-AUTO RELATED*

I'm using the Berger 130 VLD in my Kimber Montana. 22" barrel with 1 in 9" twist.

43.5 grains H4350 in Lapua brass is 2810 FPS. Not a hot load, but that's where the picky pencil barrel shoots them best. My barrel actually likes the 140 VLD better despite the slow twist rate, but I have a ton of 130's left from my last 260, so I'm running them. I'm getting MOA performance in a picky rifle, you should give them a whirl.

I havnt used the 130gr VLD, but i LOVE the 140gr Berger VLDs. I get 2750fps from a 24"bbl with 42.8gr of IMR4350.