• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 338 Ultra Mag

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
It seems that the 338 Lapua has taken the the world by storm, but does anyone have any good positive things to say about this cartridge, it seems to offer a lot, for a great deal less. I did a little research and I already know its not a 338 Lapua in performance, but it seems like a very plausible alternative.
Marty

Re: Remington 338 Ultra Mag

Nosler makes 300 ultra, but not the 338 Ultra, even though Remington is the only manufacturer of the brass I believe. The brasss is half the cost of the 338 Lapua, and the performance is only a slight bit less. Can anyone else chime in why this isn't a good choice for an alternative to the 338 Lapua.
Marty

Re: Remington 338 Ultra Mag

KeithR41, I will correct myself I see that they make 300, which can be necked up to to make the 338-300 or the Edge as some folks call it. Funny thing is this cartridge has been around almost as long as the 338LM, but it hasn't seemed to have gathered a following in the longe range shooting community, perhaps its the military marketing of the 338LM whihc makes it much more attractive. Since Remington is making a 338LM now, I suppose the 338 RUM will eventually go to the wayside.