• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 40-X .22LR - wow

jtb33

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
PHX, AZ - USA
So I have several of the 40-X's and 40-XB's that I built up from the CMP out of barreled actions. I recently took a couple of them to the range for the first time in order to sight them in and see how well they shoot. I was floored. I didn't have any match ammo, but had some OK-quality CCI Blazer round-nose ammo and was able to consistently hit the 12"x12" and 24"x24" steel targets @ 200Y and 300Y on the range. It was a blast and I was *very* pleasantly surprised. With a 50Y zero, holdover at 200Y was 5 mils. I thought I'd quickly get annoyed with the single shot 40-X's, but that was just never the case.
laugh.gif

I had fully intended to take some pics, but got so into the shooting that I completely forgot. It was fun banging steel at those distances since I rarely get to shoot steel.

Re: Remington 40-X .22LR - wow

pics or it didnt happen
smile.gif

seriously tho, for a single shot that you have to feed one round at a time, they are tons of fun. with that 24x24 target, I think you should be able to consistently hit at 400 yds (I was doing decent on a 12" plate on a calm morning, havnt tried it since)...and give you a good wind reading lesson while ur at it!! ha.

Regards,
_DT

Re: Remington 40-X .22LR - wow

If Chad will ever finish mine I'll be right there with you.

Mine shot 10-x and EPS black box into a ragged hole at 100yds.
Everything else was 2" or better.
For the price of a case of EPS, I'm having it rebarreled and can still buy a case of Wolf MT.

Waiting on smith work sux............