• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 40X repeater

Aquatic_Robotic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
East Texas
How rare is the Remington 40X repeater in 22 LR.

What kind of price would one be bring in excellent condition 95%+ ?

Read the posts about Anschutz 54 VS 40X. I understand both are great shooters and both have excellent attributes. It is obvious both have their followings.

I want a repeater 22LR trainer and I don't think I will run across a 40X repeater?? I have located a number of 54 repeaters and a NIB 64 MP R.

Should I move on one of the Anschutz and not dream of finding a 40X at an affordable price?

Thanks

Re: Remington 40X repeater

At that price, it makes far more sense to wait for the Skunkworks 40x action, and build a superior 40x rifle, for less.

Just over 700 were made and as Parga mentioned they aren't cheap. 3grand will be a good deal or a less than pristine rifle. Most run in the 4K range. They made them in several grades with the Grade V being the 'prettiest' and only 5-6 of them from what I have seen/read. Not something you really want to lay in the dirt with and shoot the hell out of
smile.gif
Also if you can find mags they will fetch from $100 minimum up to $200. Have only seen 2 mags come up for sale and they were 5rd. Read that they made some 10rd but never seen one to confirm.

So to answer your question, if the only 2 you listed will suffice for your wants/needs then the Annie is more suitable from a financial standpoint.

Spoke with Mike at Skunkworks this morning. He says he is least a year away from getting any "40X style" 22 rimfires out of the shop. He is still working on design and trying to keep up with his centefire orders.

Great guy to talk with and more than liberal with his time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aquatic_Robotic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have located a number of 54 repeaters and a NIB 64 MP R. Thanks </div></div>

I wish I had your luck finding Anschutz 54 action repeaters. I just found (and bought 54.18 MSR) a 54 MSR but the search took 8+ months. My experience has been when those rifles come up for sale they sell very quickly if they're in good shape.

BJ,

I am looking at the exact same rifle right now.

Would you mind sending me a PM and LMK what you paid for yours.

I would appreciate it.

I have a guy that wants to trade me for a NIB 64 MS R. I know the 54 action is superior, but I can get into the 64 repeater for less than half the money as teh 54, if I make the trade.

Is the 54 twice the firearm as the 64?? Would I notice that much difference?