• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 504 bolt problem

Wareagle

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2006
Perry,Ga
Wanted to check around and see if anyone else has ran into this.
I picked up a used 504 .17MK2.I know the fellow well that I got it from and if it's been fired at all it isn't much.
Tore her down to clean and adjust the trigger. I dry fired her four times on a snap cap and the cocking indicator rod that holds the firing pin shattered. Damn thing snapped in three places. Looks like it's just bu!!shit potmetal.
I was extremely disappointed in the materials once I got the bolt apart. The firing pin looks like a three year old made it. I'm giving BIG GREEN a call on this one. I love they're rifles but this just piss poor.

Re: Remington 504 bolt problem

Typical MIM part, if its going to fail it will probably be sooner rather than later.

Thanks Edgerat but they're sold out. Funny to because I called Remington this morning and was told that the firing pin assembly had to be replaced by the factory only. They wouldn't even sell it to me.

Don't you just love that. Its B.S. that you cant buy certain parts. I lost a spring on my 597 and they wouldn't sell it either. About a yr later the p.o.s. blew up hunting out west. They stopped making the Rem 597 in 17HMR. What a crappy rifle. I had to bitch to sue to get upgraded to a 547 custom. I still paid $200 for the new rifle. I was pissed since it messed up my hunting trip and picking brass out of my face wasn't too good either.

Hey brian you ever think that people like you threatening to sue big green is why they won't fucking sell parts to people who aren't litigious?????

So if a firearm is defective and Remington knows it thats ok? They should have recalled my rifle. I was lucky I didn't get seriousy hurt. Ever think assholes like you ruin the hide?

I didn't see the part about it blowing up in your face bro, sorry bout that.
isaac