• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 504 Saga…

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
7BBD5CC4-437F-4FEB-B7A6-D82013DB9DD6.jpeg

When I first started into “precision rimfire/NRL22” type shooting, I had a buddy spin a Green Mountain 10/22 barrel with its Bentz chamber to fit my Remington 504 sporter. I had the extra laminated stock already, and with CMP Eley bulk it was a screamer at 100 yds, until…
I was just to the point of exploring scope options when the firing pin strut assembly shattered.
That was over 2 years ago, with no leads on a replacement, Rem. going under, and everyone out of stock.
Thanks to social media, the CEO of a popular barrel mfg contacted me about possibly sourcing one. Time goes by, Covid screws everything, and I moved on to a Bergara B-14R for our local matches.
Today that fella asked for my phone number, and a gent from another company called asking what I needed….. I now have 2 strut assemblies on the way!
Gun people, best in the world!
If all goes well, rest assured I’ll be dropping some names👍

There is still so much I want to do with this rifle. Trying different barrels, pillar bedding the stocks, rebuilding the trigger, the list goes on. Then sourcing a 50+ MOA scope mount, etc.

Reactions: camocorvette
Well, even though the gent from Parkwest Firearms of Sturgis South Dakota said all he had was a couple of parts in the white, and no time for bluing (I had no preference), two nicely blued firing pin struts arrived very fast and nicely packed. The CEO of Shilen Barrel Co. has my unending thanks in sourcing these, as I had exhausted all my googlefu and had eyes looking in several other states to no avail. Two + years is an eternity to have a match gun down!
I fit one of the struts to my factory pin, assembled the rifle, and then had to wait nearly two more weeks for weather and schedules to allow me to test fire. How sweet it is, my baby is back! Only shot at 50yds, but she did as well as I remember. Looking forward to stretching her out in the near future 👍